Sign in to follow this  
T&VSmith

Why do I want to retire to Costa Rica?

Well, let's see ...... the temperature this fine morning is -37 with a wind chill of -50. That is the temperature in degrees celsius, for those of you who speak fahrenheit our respective scales meet at -40.

Counting the days!

Central Alberta, eh? Isn't that the home of the "Alberta Clippers", those severe winter storms that sweep down out of Alberta (duh!) and make life in the U.S. miserable?

Well, you get no sympathy from me.

We are also counting the days...

Today in balmy BC it is 9F which to us is unbearable. Quite the departure from the temperatures you mention Dana. Seems longer than 3 weeks ago that we were basking in those temperatures while in CR. Cold temps affects ones memory.

I'm back in FL right now & cannot complain since it has been in the 80s this week. It did get into the 30s over Thanksgiving weekend & I was dressed as if it was in the -30s. I just don't have the tolerance for colder temps!!! I'm definitely a beach girl!

Jessica

I'm actually looking forward to a little chilly weather. I'll be going up to NC for just 5 days in a few weeks. It won't be Canada cold, but it sure will be colder than CR! Just yesterday we went up to Tiquicia (on the mountain) and I was FREEZING! Just 2.5 years in CR and I don't know how I'll survive real winters again :lol:

I know perfectly well what you mean, Lucy! Took me about a year (prolly less) to fully thaw out while staying long-term in CR after I got my residency.

When I go back to Tampa and it drops below 60F I really feel the cold now, so I put on a jacket over a long sleeved shirt to keep warm when I go out. At night when it is cold outside (even with my heat on) the house feels chilly to me so I have taken to adding on a sweatshirt to sleep in.

So just bundle up well and drink hot liquids and you should be OK if it gets real cold while you're there.

Safe trip . . .

Paul M.

==