Sign in to follow this  
stewart.tb

"New Content" feature not working?

Hey guys, is it just me? The "View New Content" list that I've always used to check posts here has not been working for me for several days. When I click it, it says, "No new content found". So, no idea what I've missed ... I guess I could manually go through each forum category and sift through posts, but ... ugh.

Am I the only one? No idea what happened with it.

Hi Tiffany,

You may have already done so but try checking what your settings for the New Content in the left sidebar are.

I have mine checked 'Forums' and 'Past 24 hours. That way I see the most recent posts.

Sometimes I will change the setting to 'Past week' when things get really slow and nothing shows using the 'Last 24 hours' setting.

So play with those settings and see if that solves your problem.

Let me know if the problem does not resolve and I will check on what else there may be to do.

Paul M.

==

Thanks, Paul, somehow the option was checked "only things I follow", which, apparently, is nothing, jaja. No idea how that got clicked. I've had my settings the same since I joined, and then one day, nothing. Anyway, all is well again in Forolandia.

Thanks, Paul, somehow the option was checked "only things I follow", which, apparently, is nothing, jaja. No idea how that got clicked. I've had my settings the same since I joined, and then one day, nothing. Anyway, all is well again in Forolandia.

Glad it was that easy to resolve, Tiffany.

I'm breathing a great sigh of relief now.... [just kidding] Actually I had a couple other members contact me recently with similar problems, so I kinda got a head start on that 'fix'.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

As long as we're addressing problems with this Forum's software, the response immediately above is one I just posted. I "Quote"d lucybelle's Response #4, added a few words of text, and pressed "Post" at the bottom of the window. And Presto! . . . nothing.

For several weeks (maybe longer) the only way I've been able to quote someone else's posting is to copy it to the clipboard on my computer, copy it into a "Reply to this topic" window like this one, prefaced with "<Someone's name>, you wrote, " . . . , and then add my own reply below. Obviously, this isn't the way it's supposed to work.

BTW, I've been using Safari running first under OS X Lion and now under OS X Mavericks but always with the same experience.

Here David,

I clicked on your blank message (#7) and it rendered up a quote box with nothing in it.

Clicking on #8 brought up a quote box with your message, so the function for me seems to be working OK and I'm using OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and Safari vers. 5.1.10.

So David does it do that if you're using say Firefox?

I'll prolly have to ask about this one.

Paul M.

==

David has a whole different problem :rolleyes: and his second post beat mine by seconds.

So are you saying that you're having this experience, too?

(I've entered this post from my iPad running Safari under IOS 7.)

And no, Paul, I've not tried to "Quote" someone else's reply using Chrome, Firefox or WhatHaveYou.

(Edited 2 minutes later (still from the iPad) . . . And there it is! How very, very strange!)

Edited by David C. Murray

So are you saying that you're having this experience, too?

(I've entered this post from my iPad running Safari under IOS 7.)

And no, Paul, I've not tried to "Quote" someone else's reply using Chrome, Firefox or WhatHaveYou.

(Edited 2 minutes later (still from the iPad) . . . And there it is! How very, very strange!)

Hmmm..... Cosa bien curiosa . . .

Seems it maybe could be a glitch with one or both of the new OS 10 incarnations.

At least you appear to have discovered a workaround for now.

Paul M.

==