With the USA Soccer Team eliminating the country of Panama from the Futbol Mundial will this make it harder, in the short-term, for USA Expats to enter and exit Panama?

Rick, I don't think the USA Soccer Team eliminated the entire country of Panama but only its soccer team. The country of Panama will still be there and they'll be happy to have us American expats come for a visit.

Once inside the border, however, if asked say, "I'm from Tronna, eh."

Rick, I don't think the USA Soccer Team eliminated the entire country of Panama but only its soccer team. The country of Panama will still be there and they'll be happy to have us American expats come for a visit.

Once inside the border, however, if asked say, "I'm from Tronna, eh."

Not correct. We Canadians say "I'm from TO." Not to but T-O. LOL

So how is it promounced when it's 'TO'? Like the word 'toe'?

Non-Canadians like us Flahrda Crackers cum Alla-Hoolenses wanna noe, too!

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

"Down east", eh, Carol? Well, that explains a lot.

So maybe you do say "TO", however that may be pronounced; but to put it into perspective, others need to know that you also say "lob-stah" (and eat cod tongues which, to your credit, you pronounce "cod tongues").

Okay, Carol, I give up. I've eaten my share of cod tongues but nevah halibut tongues nor cheeks.

And, now that we've completely hijacked this thread, could you please explain salmon gundy(sp?) to me? By "explain" I mean (1)what the heck is it? (2)why would anyone eat it? and (3)why is it called that?

Dave, it's "Solomon Gundy," tastes like rancid fish to me, and I cannot tell you why anyone would eat the stuff. A friend of ours waxed nostalgic about it, then brought some (obtained at great expense, no doubt) on a sailing trip we went on with him and his wife. It's a tribute to his winning personality that we're still friends. Wretched stuff! (by the way, it was the Jamaican Solomon Gundy -- I haven't had the stuff from NS)

regards,

Gayle

ps: the Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_gundy

Edited by salish sea

Solomon grundy in Nova Scotia is hunks of herring & onions then pickled & put up in jars. I hate it.

Put up in what, Carol? Brine? Wine? Sour cream?

Is it very different from pickled herring that one sees in a supermarket?

Cheers!

Paul M.

==