Sign in to follow this  
salish sea

Moody's and CR Deficit -- predictions?

Keep your eyes open on October 3rd. I can't wait for Oct. 3rd and the plan.... Edgar Ayales, Minister of Hacienda, “Fiscal Consolidation Plan” that will undoubtedly raise taxes. The writing is on the wall. Mr. Ayales replaced the last minister who had to resign for under-reporting the values of all of his properties. Finance Minister Fernando Herrero and the director of Taxation, Francisco Villalobos, resigned last year- both for tax evasion.

Does any one know what the govt. has done with the money it has collected from the "luxury tax" on properties?

Is it less expensive to live in Panama? ie., apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

Does Panama have a friendlier business (small & large) environment?

The "Hacienda" Jefe is suppose to present a revised CR Fiscal Plan next week which I think may increase the cost of renting.

Edited by tibas9

The "Hacienda" Jefe is suppose to present a revised CR Fiscal Plan next week which I think may increase the cost of renting.

Rick,

Was there an article published recently in one of the newspapers, etc., about this Hacienda Jefe's plan that one could refer to?

For those of us who rent it would surely be sensible to stay on top of that sort of thing.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Which you "think" may increase the cost of renting? Please cite the article where you read this, otherwise this is just speculation.

Thanks, Dana