TicoGrande

Welcome to a New Forum!

We have added this new forum to provide a central location for all of you who are interested in buying, selling or renting property in Costa Rica.

As Costa Rica has now become even more of a 'hot spot' for people seeking to own their own piece of paradise, we felt that this forum was needed so you might ask questions or post comments about your experiences. Here you can also ask questions about mortgages, interest rates, and the general process. You may also learn about the 'caveats' of buying property here.

TG

We have added this new forum to provide a central location for all of you who are interested in buying, selling or renting property in Costa Rica.

As Costa Rica has now become even more of a 'hot spot' for people seeking to own their own piece of paradise, we felt that this forum was needed so you might ask questions or post comments about your experiences.  Here you can also ask questions about mortgages, interest rates, and the general process.  You may also learn about the 'caveats' of buying property here.

TG

We have visited the Peninsula de Osa and will return this summer. We would be most interested in purchasing, and ultimately living, in an area dedicated as a reserve. Any advice, realtors, leads and or cautions would be much appreciated.

Linda and Tom

We have visited the Peninsula de Osa and will return this summer. We would be most interested in purchasing, and ultimately living, in an area dedicated as a reserve. Any advice, realtors, leads and or cautions would be much appreciated.

Linda and Tom

I currently live and work in the Central Valley of Costa Rica and have visited a few properties on the Oso Penninsula with the goal to learn the market down there, meet some owners, view some farms, and get an overall feel for the area. There are some nice stretches between Puerto Jimenez and La Palma also between the edge of Corcovado National Park and El Gulfo Dulce (Sweet Gulf). I saw some large farms with reserves, small lots, and some homes as well. If you have any specific questions about the area, prices...let me know

Phil Hemion

barrioearth.com

I currently live and work in the Central Valley of Costa Rica and have visited a few properties on the Oso Penninsula with the goal to learn the market down there, meet some owners, view some farms, and get an overall feel for the area. There are some nice stretches between Puerto Jimenez and La Palma also between the edge of Corcovado National Park and El Gulfo Dulce (Sweet Gulf). I saw some large farms with reserves, small lots, and some homes as well. If you have any specific questions about the area, prices...let me know

Phil Hemion

barrioearth.com

Phil,

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am trying to get information on how to purchase property in CR. I have found a property I am extremely interested in--A small little home listed for $43k. I have contacted the agent, it is still available, and I would like to travel down there next week to see it and most likely close the deal. The issue is financing. Believe me, I know 43k is not a lot of money. The issue is having to come up with the full amount to buy it outright. Being a dumb american I had assumed the real estate there would work as it does here--10-20% downpayment and finance the rest. Having to come out of pocket with 43k on short notice is a different story. Do I have any other options? The house is listed as a cooperation. If I can't find another way to do this I'm going to have to pass it up. I really don't want to.