• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership.   Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate forum.   Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum.   Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CdnMorganGal

Phoned 20+ times in 2 days - NO ANSWER

6 posts in this topic

On Wed & Thursday, Sept 11 & 12, have phoned ARCR over 20 times, during regular business hours and not once has the phone been answered. What is going on?

CMG,

As I just posted to another thread her on the Forums:

==

PS - Ivy, who was on the switchboard when I called alerted me to the fact that ARCR is right now having telephone problems today, and that there is a technician there this morning working on resolving the problems they are having with their phone system, so please bear with them while this is being repaired. -pm

==

So I hope that answers your question about the difficulties you've been having phoning ARCR.
Please bear with them while they are having those phone problems repaired!
Regards,
Paul M.
==

I wonder if ARCR has been affected by the huge outage caused by the 7 utility ploes that were pulled down by a semi tractor-trailer in Sabana Sur. CNFL has replaced the poles and I believe that they have restored power but I doubt that all of the other utilities that were piggy-backing on the poles have done their work yet. It was all of the misc. cables like the phone and cable TV wires that were hung too low that the truck snagged. Created a huge mess!

Mark,

From my discussion last week with Ivy who has recently begun manning ARCR's switchboard, ARCR was having an in-house problem which was causing them to not be able to transfer incoming calls to their different in-office telephone extensions; Ivy lost my call when she tried to transfer me to Legal to speak to Carolina.

When I called back in Ivy explained to me what was going on with the telephone problems in-house and that there was a technician on-site at that time (of my call) working of solving the problem.

Fortunately she was able to answer my question herself about why the email went out asking some ARCR Members for copies of their cédulas and/or CAJA Carnets. That was because they either had no copy on file for a particular member, or the copy was not clear enough to be able to be read. So therefore not every ARCR Member received that email. (Some had either already provided good, readable copies of cédula and carnet, or they already did have suitable copies on file from earlier.)

So I hope this explains that email ARCR sent out asking for new cédulas or carnets, asap.

Mark, as to your comment about the washout under the circunvalación possibly affecting phone connection to ARCR, I had not thought about that being a reason some people have not been able to reach ARCR when phoning them.

So for the original Forums Member(s) who were asking why, pues: ¡Así es tiquicia!

Anyway, I would suggest to them trying to phone ARCR again on Monday during their regular office hours. The in-house phone problems should be fixed by then.

Regards,

Paul M.

==

Mark, as to your comment about the washout under the circunvalación possibly affecting phone connection to ARCR, I had not thought about that being a reason some people have not been able to reach ARCR when phoning them.

Paul:

The power line problem is separate from the washout of the cirunvalacion. A semi tractor-trailer snagged a bunch of low hanging wires along Calle Moreno in Sabana Sur and pulled down 7 utility poles. I believe that the washout near Hatillo 8 only caused minor local service outages. The problem in Sabana Sur cut off everything (power, cable, telephone) to thousands of users around Sabana Sur.

The power line problem is separate from the washout of the cirunvalacion. A semi tractor-trailer snagged a bunch of low hanging wires along Calle Moreno in Sabana Sur and pulled down 7 utility poles. I believe that the washout near Hatillo 8 only caused minor local service outages. The problem in Sabana Sur cut off everything (power, cable, telephone) to thousands of users around Sabana Sur.

I see your point, Mark, but ARCR did have power when I phoned the other day. They are actually located in Sabana Este. Ivy who answered that switchboard at the time never mentioned any power outages that they'd had, and I could even hear someone using the copy machine that sits only about eight feet away from the switchboard.

But, knocking down nearby power lines could have interrupted their phone service during part of last week for a time. At least they are receiving phone calls now, though.

Regards,

Paul M.

==