Well, this Sunday kicks-off the new NFL Season and I have my Colones on the San Francisco 49'ers going all the way and winning the Superbowl.

Any others out there agree with the above??

Nope. The NFL season kicked off last night with the Broncos prevailing over the Super Bowl Ravens on the strength of Peyton Manning's seven (yup, 7) touchdown passes.

As for the 49ers, well, it's way too early to tell.

Nope. The NFL season kicked off last night with the Broncos prevailing over the Super Bowl Ravens on the strength of Peyton Manning's seven (yup, 7) touchdown passes.

As for the 49ers, well, it's way too early to tell.

Your right again DAVE but the NFL Season does not start for me until the NINER'S 1st game.

Edited by tibas9

And I'm watching CR beat EEUU in futbol. It's been really fun! (thought maybe there'd be a thread about it, but, nope.) One thing really interesting at the beginning was the singing of the national anthems. US players stood prayerfully, hand over heart, no one singing. In contrast, only one player had his hand over his heart for the CR anthem and the entire stadium -- players included -- sang, and not solemnly, but with great joy.

(And enjoy your football ...)

regards,

Gayle

After Gayle's comment just above and just for what it's worth, here is a link to the Himno Nacional de Costa Rica with subtitles:

Himno Nacional de Costa Rica [con letra]

For me it has quite a moving lyric, but I didn't post a translation cuz there are plenty of them searchable online.

If you click on 'show more' the lyrics are also available below the video.

Regards,

Paul M.

==

I just hope my Jaguars don't embarrass us again this season! It has been a little tough to be a fan these last few years! Thankfully I follow two college teams who are more successful than my hometown pro team (Go Gators & Ducks)!

Edited by ReevesTribe

"And I'm watching CR beat EEUU in futbol."

Ah, so that was what all the excitement was about, all around us we could hear the shouts and cheers. B)

Dana

Gayle, the esposo and I went to a local watering hole to watch the game, and I was the only gringa in the joint. The exuberance from the first 2 goals (bam-bam!) about knocked me out of my chair. The ticos were thrilled to get their revenge for that blizzard game in Denver which they contested, jaja.

Hi Tiffany,

IMO, as well they should have! The only thing that would have made it better would have been to watch it in a local bar, even though I'm not much of a drinker. Now THAT would have been fun!

regards,

Gayle

ps: in my English conversation group this past week, students shyly asked me who I was rooting for, "The United States, right?" And my response was, no, CR is my adopted country and there are cities in the US with a greater population than all of CR. So of course I'm rooting for CR to win.

Edited by salish sea

Broncos this year! As a kid, I grew up in south florida, so always have a special place in my heart for the dolphins.....

They scared me for most of the afternoon, but the Dolphins pulled it out. Phew...and I can't believe the Bucs gave the Jets a win!

Well, my Jags made "history" yesterday....the last time a team only scored 2 points was in 1993. :( Not the kind of history-making the fans were hoping for! And my Gators didn't pull out a win against Miami, either.

Jessica