Sign in to follow this  

"If you pick the Bronze plan with a premium of zero."

BUT: "Although you would pay less in premiums by enrolling in a Bronze plan, you will face higher out-of-pocket costs than if you enrolled in a Silver plan." AND " If you choose to enroll in a Bronze plan, the actuarial value will be 60%, meaning your out-of-pocket costs when you use services will likely be higher. Regardless of which level of coverage you choose, deductibles and copayments will vary from plan to plan, and out-of-pocket costs will depend on your health care expenses."

Which means that either way, you pay.

Dana

Edited by DanaJ

Okay, Dana, so your friends and family in California are not happy that their health insurance premiums are going down? Just what would make them happy then? If they don't wish to be covered, they can opt out which would probably be cheaper than enrolling -- 'til they get sick, that is.

As for the federal government not providing health care directly except to active duty military members, veterans via the Veterans' Administration health care system, on Native American reservations and in penal institutions, what that means is that the federal government does not provide health care directly except in those named circumstances. I think the wording and the concept are pretty clear, but if you like I'll write it again.

Newman, please expound on the "doctrine of proper law choice" as it operates in the Costa Rican Napoleonic legal system. Tell us, please, how an understanding that you had eleven years ago (an understanding which maybe no one shares) takes precedence over a law passed by the Costa Rican National Assembly.

Where in the Costa Rican Napoleonic Code does the "doctrine of proper law choice" exist??????????

Or is this something you merely assume to exist?????????? Or made up?????????

Edited by David C. Murray

Dana, you wrote, "Which means that either way, you pay. " But that's not right.

If you purchase health care insurance, you pay for the coverage (and the deductibles, copays, etc) and the policy pays for the rest. If you don't buy a policy, then you have no coverage and when you're ill or injured, the public pays through some combination of higher health care costs and taxes. So either you pay for your care or we all pay for your care.

Of those two options, which seems more reasonable to you?

If I were wealthy, had a conflict with Costa Rica, and were to take it to world arbitration, this would be my argumentive approach - in the forum of world arbitration, the fact that I was, and still am a US citizen, would make the argument of "doctrine of proper law choice" an acceptable format for the claim. I take personal offense concernng your statement - "or made up" - if you're not sure of what I'm talking about, you should do the research for your own assessment! Your continuing snide comments that I am not a reliable person, or am an outright liar should be held close to your "vest", and are not acceptable for this fórum!!!!

Okay, now I get it . . . In the "forum of world arbitration", the "doctrine of proper law choice" has some legal standing, but it is meaningless in the context of the Costa Rican Napoleonic legal system. Is that what you're saying?

I offer the following information in order to clear up the misconception of International Arbitration and Ex Post Facto laws, I hereby offer TITLE IV, Individual rights and guarantees, Article 34 of the Costa Rica Constitution: "No law shall have effects to the detriment of any person whatsoever or his aquired property rights or to the detriment of any consolidated legal situations".