Out of respect for our esteemed moderator, I am opening this subject for furher discussion in this área of the fórums - while I continue in the belief that very few of you may have an interest in exploring this avenue of possibly continuing interest, reading accounts of sailors, their very earliest accounts of visiting Samoa, that Samoa has always been known as the place in the South Pacific where no effort is expended for the sustenance of life - a person used to be able to live on the beach, eat the fruit off the trees, and do absolutely nothing but enjoy life! The verification of these rumors are a hearbeat away from those wishing to investigate!!!

Apparently an American Samoan non-voting delegate to the United States House of Representatives is preoccupied with Rush Limbaugh and the NFL than to be bothered with more important things. Maybe when Eni Faleomavaega is done talking about the Washington Redskins he can join you on the beach.

Buen Viaje!

Before you sign up for this venture, be sure to Google "slave labor in American Samoa" for insights into " . . . the place in the South Pacific where no effort is expended for the sustenance of life . . .". Apparently there are many folks there who are expending quite a lot of effort trying to sustain their lives.

Edited by David C. Murray

in a word no - one thing I've learned from a very early age is that for a successful life, one must be vigilant for and aware of opportunity - playing the "angles" is the key to a better future - all the "greats" like Howard Hughes, Steve Wynn, Walt Disney, Chou En Lai, Winston Churchill, Eisenhower, Truman, Lincoln, Gen. Curtis Lemay, the founding fathers - they are the persons we should all be trying to emulate in our lives - WHY? - because they played the "angles" - looked forward into the future, were willing to analyze current events and put them into the perspective of the future - just because in the past a person has made the most intelligent decisión possible, and has fell into heaven, doesn't mean that the movement of history and events comes to a screeching halt - the present is always evolving, (usually but not always) into a worsening situation - in a Word - ENTROPY - how each of us plays our life is our own personal decisión - the vast majority of people are born, grow up, live work, and die in one city/county/state and resign themselves to this type of life - never encountering new experiences, new vistas - I, personally on the other had have always been looking for the "angles" towards a better life - right now, it appears that I, and others who have picked Costa Rica for their residence, are approaching a crossroads - maybe not, because who can be certain of such things? no one, not even I - however, I'm looking ahead because I may have to play one of the future "angles, maybe you who are reading this need to make the same review of your past decisión - only the individual person can decide on that!!!

I have researched prices on LACSA/Hawaian airlines for a trip to America Samoa Hawaiian airlines has flights on Mondays and Thursdays from Los Angeles to Pago Pago - LACSA has flights daily to Los Angeles 8 hour wait till flight to Honolulu and returning about 8 hour wait in Los Angeles for flight to San jose

Edited by newman

Obviously you have no idea who you are dealing with! 11 years ago I left EVERYTHING and moved to Costa Rica - I left my wife, car/truck/horse tráiler/horse/dog/all furniture and appliances house with two acres and moved to Costa Rica with 500 pounds of a life time of personal belongings - I just got some boxes together and started throwing things in! Called and outfit and had them shipped off to Costa Rica! I couldn't read Spanish, speak Spanish, I didn't even know if any Gringos lived here to where I moved!!!! I never regretted it -not once - not even today - I'm still here in the same location 11 years later - however, things are not static - events and circumstances move on, what was certain in the past is no longer factual today - I can only evaluate what is happening now, and compare the past with the future - Im still evaluating whether I want a survey trip to another location - only God can enlighten my path - remember, I'm the poor slob that tried to get a bunch of oldsters together to go to Florida for the singles shot - no one stepped forward, but I still went and got it!! You want your name on the list, just add it - I don't care if you're male/female/ extraterrestrial/extraterrestrial reptilian/ extraterrestrial grey or an Olaxotl - I am without prejudice!!!!!!!

I'm still in the USA and I don't have cable so TV programming is pretty limited ... I guarantee you guys are more entertaining than *any* of the network offerings. To quote Tiffany, "bwajajaja!"

dem