Can anyone tell me where you can shoot pool in the Atenas area? I am looking for either pool halls or bars with pool tables in them. Can't seem to find much on this subject.

The back area of the restaurant/bar Don Tadeo (facing the park) had a pool table the last few times I was in Atenas. It is not exactly a "place to shoot pool" since it only has a single table.

Further afield in Grecia there are two pool halls, but only one is recommended. It is in the basement of the Grecia Social Club F.C. which is on the parallel street one block north of the church. (remember churches face west) It opens at 4PM and has half a dozen tables.

The un-recommended pool hall is on the parallel street one block south of the church. It looks more like a pool hall.

Have you walked around the side streets radiating out from the central park? I think I saw something about pool in one of the buildings within a block or two of the park, but can't remember for sure. Haven't lived there for a while. Maybe I'm dreaming that up.

Have you asked at Kay's? Someone there might know.

Edited by Shea

Have you asked at Kay's? Someone there might know.

For that matter, William, have you asked at don Tadeo's to see whether they know of a nearby 'sala de billares'?

That might be another simple way to solve your dilemma.

Con dedos cruzados . . .

Paul M.

==

Evidently there is a pool hall in Atenas. There's a new men's group that meets at Kay's, and they are advertising a luncheon at Kay's on Thursday, followed by a pool tourney at the local pool hall. Doesn't say where it is. Contact Jim Maxwell 8989-6177 or Tony Phillips at 8532-4903 for information.