I was discouraged about Panama after watching the documentary on Netfilx on our last invasion there. I was heart broken and could not see how they could look favorably on North American after what we did .... We destroyed their army and then revoked the treaty provision banning US bases because they could no longer defend the canal .... Duh ..... On the other hand, it appears we are building lots of military installations there for incursion into South America so in a conflict or uprising , Panama may be one of the safest countries in Latin American to live from an uprising, invasion standpoint ... If you can avoid being collateral damage.. Finally, the amount of revenue from the canal is making them very rich.

I was discouraged about Panama after watching the documentary on Netfilx on our last invasion there. I was heart broken and could not see how they could look favorably on North American after what we did .... We destroyed their army and then revoked the treaty provision banning US bases because they could no longer defend the canal .... Duh ..... On the other hand, it appears we are building lots of military installations there for incursion into South America so in a conflict or uprising , Panama may be one of the safest countries in Latin American to live from an uprising, invasion standpoint ... If you can avoid being collateral damage.. Finally, the amount of revenue from the canal is making them very rich.

And, yet Panama is #2 on the recent list of "favorite countries for US/Canadian retirees" - CR placed fifth. I don't know how many expats make a decision based on political/war history, but I can say with certainty that CR not having an army is on my top 10 list of why I love the country...there is no army for the US to destroy :)