Ladies, before you jump all over me on what I about to say I am married to my TIKA wife going on 6 years plus AND PLEASE GIVE AN OLD USA SAILOR A BREAK ON REMEMBERENCE..

Regarding what is happening in the General David Patreaus situation, for quite some time I always wondered why back in the year 1964 when Our ship was docked in Japan, Hong Kong and the Phillipines, that WE Enlisted Sailors had to return to OUR ship by 12 midnight, however, the Officers(which included Admirals and Generals) had no such restriction.

AS I RECALL MOST OF MY FELLOW SWABIES AND I HAD PLENTY OF CASH WHEN THE CLOCK STRUCK 12MN AT OUR FAVORATE REFRESHMENT ESTABLISHMENT. I WAS AN ABOVE AVERAGE DICE AND POKER PLAYER.

I always wondered(OR KNEW) what THOSE OFFICER DIPLOMATS were doing between the hours of 12 MN and 6am, hey, counting their type of sheep. ALL I HAVE TO SAY WE ENLISTED WERE THERE FIRST ENJOYING ALL THE REFRESHEMENTS LIKE BEER, ALE, SAKI, ETC.., ETC, ETC.

Rick

Member VFW Post 11207 Costa Rica and American Legion Post 3 Guadalahara, Mexico

Edited by tibas9