Shipped my Honda 250 Recon ES from the US to CR last year. After inspecting many legal cuadras in my local area I did the conversion myself and passed the RTV (in Nicoya) the first time without issue. I installed a horn, turn signals, license plate light, left side mirror, reflective tape at the four corners (yellow front, red rear) and a bicycle computer to register speed for good measure. Not sure of the specific reqs, but this worked for me. Local talleres offered to do the work for 75 to 125 mil. I found everything I needed on Amazon for less than $100 and with basic mech and elect skills can be completed in a day or so. I use mine as my daily driver as I have not shipped my autos yet. Just remember cuadras are NOT designed for use on pavement and may handle unexpectedly on such though occasional use on pavement should not be an issue. Use your casco and keep a reflective vest with you though, depending, you may find transitos lax if not non-existent in you local beach town. And stay off the beaches, it's illegal and dangerous. Drive safe, Pura Vida!

UPDATE ON MY PIAGGIO APE DIESEL - the dealer no longer carries the Piaggio APEs - Mine at the present has a cracked piston - ordering parts through England is time consuming, unreliable, and expensive - my advice is do not do business with Piaggio - possibility of getting parts out of Nicaragua, but I'm not up to making a trip there - I just bought another BAJAJ 3 Wheel - cost $4500 - Absolutely the best transportation value around - made for the road/carretera - this is my third Bajaj 3 Wheel - the second one I bought was a lemon, and the distributor out of another Central American country refused to sevice their customers - I had a go around with the Bajaj international sales manager, however, another guy has picked up the business here in Cosa Rica. I needed a vehicle - bought the Bajaj - the new ones have a bit larger engine, and an oil cooler - still breaking it in, not quite 1200 km. I have used these things many, many, many times to go from where I live (in Miramar) to San Jose, and other locations in Costa Rica - they are economical, easy to drive, reliable, and are truly the finest (in my opiniĆ³n) transportation value in the world!!!!! Rerspectfully