Some of you will remember the on going saga about how to get your pet to CR, which went on far too long. However, I do have a update for those using United. While it is true that United requires you to ship your pet as cargo and use PetSafe to arrange the shipment and a broker to meet you at customs. After buying a shipping container which the airline would approve---I sent my app. off to PetSafe.(As a side bar, I took my cat to get his shots for the trip, while waiting for a reply. Something happened with the shot and my cat is dead. That is why it has taken me so long to post.) Anyway, I get a reply from PetSafe; it seems where United uses a feeder airline, that airline's rules apply. The airline here allows you to carry on you pet in a pet container. And, the pet stays in it all the way to CR. Makes no sense but if you are catching a feeder to a United Hub, check with the local airline.

My container went out yesterday. I have never been so happy to see something head down the highway. A party Sat. at my daughter's----then a week long farewell tour and on Sept. 5 we catch the big bird South.

Pura Vida, Ed & Janie

Thanks all. He started a fever and couldn't get over it. The Vet did blood and X-ray said the cat was in perfect health, but he was dying. I took him to a Vet to get his kitten shots and for a 11 years he did fine; this was the first time he had been back to a Vet. This is the last one. We lived on a farm for 14 years and one of the reasons we moved was I got tired on putting our animals down. I still start to get up from my chair and look to make sure I don't step on him. One more thing to leave in the States.

We had an indoor cat that had her shots as a kitten, but I stopped taking her to the vet at about age 3 because of the stress on her when she went to the vet (she had to be handled with bird gloves & then go under observation because they thought she was having a heart attack after being extracted from her kennel & vaccinated). We decided to bring her to Costa Rica with us & she also had a bad reaction to the shots...she died about 6 weeks after we arrived in Costa Rica. She was 13 but in perfect health up until she was vaccinated that last time.

Sorry that it happened to you, too.

Jessica

Edited by ReevesTribe

I will add my condolences for the loss of your cat. They become so much a part of our lives that it is terrible when we lose one.

After enough time has elapsed you will be able to find another cat to help fill much of the void.

Sincerely,

Paul M.

==

"We decided to bring her to Costa Rica with us & she also had a bad reaction to the shots...she died about 6 weeks after we arrived in Costa Rica. She was 13 but in perfect health up until she was vaccinated that last time."

I had no idea something like that would happen; I had never heard of it happening before. And, you are all right, when an animal is with you for a long time they become a part of your life and it hurts when they are gone. I'm sorry so many of us share this pain, but we can get some comfort, knowing our pets were loved and cared for while they were here. Thank you for your kind words.