Sign in to follow this  
demgems

Any Football (American style) Junkies down there?

Anybody watching my New Orleans Saints play right now?

I'll be able to live without a lot of things, including the Olympics, but NOT my Saints! PLEASE tell me the NFL games are broadcast there!

Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints!

dem

(Did you just see that run!)

Anybody watching my New Orleans Saints play right now?

I'll be able to live without a lot of things, including the Olympics, but NOT my Saints! PLEASE tell me the NFL games are broadcast there!

Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints!

dem

(Did you just see that run!)

---I have Cable "Cable TIKA" which has NBC, CBS and ABC, however, NBC and ABC are through Miami, FL affiliate stations so you get a lot of Miami Dolfins or Tampa Bay Buccaneers games.

The other CBS station is through Erie, PA, so, you get a ton of Buffalo Bills, Clevelend Browns, Cincinatti Bengal, Pittsburg Steeler Games.

I have been living here many years and once in a blue moon I have seen NO Saints Games unless they are playing one of the teams I have listed above.

You do get some games on ESPN and FOX Latino but this is through Mexico Affiliates so mostly all American Football games are broadcast in Spanish. ESPN and Fox Latino broadcasts more Latino Football games(soccar) ,however, Amercian Football is now very popular in Mexico. However, to my surprise we get a lot of SF 49ers games on these stations :)

Rick

Edited by tibas9

I tried to reply twice last night and it didn't go through. Anyways...

Agree with above. I've seen just a few NFL games. I've seen more MLB games while channel surfing than I have NFL games.

What network are they on? It's possible you can see them on www.USTVnow.com. I'm watching the Olympics free on NBC through that site.

Oh Shea, that gives me hope! I missed your post at first. Ever since they started playing so well NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox worked out a deal. They rotate; one of them carries the game each week. Used to be one or the other would have the contract for the whole season and the game would only be televised if it was sold out - well - that's no longer an issue! Maybe there's still hope!

Thanks!

dem

I tried to reply twice last night and it didn't go through. Anyways...

Agree with above. I've seen just a few NFL games. I've seen more MLB games while channel surfing than I have NFL games.

NO, NO, Lucybelle! No more bad news! LOL

I'm going to continue to believe! Besides, after we win the Superbowl in our Superdome...well, you can see now where I get my optimism!

NO, NO, Lucybelle! No more bad news! LOL

I'm going to continue to believe! Besides, after we win the Superbowl in our Superdome...well, you can see now where I get my optimism!

They WILL show the Superbowl, but I'm assuming from your fanaticism that one game a year won't do it for you ;)

They WILL show the Superbowl, but I'm assuming from your fanaticism that one game a year won't do it for you ;)

---And if the Superbowl is broadcast through ESPN or Fox it will most likely be broadcast in spanish through their Mexico affiliate stations.

Rick

Edited by tibas9

...one game a year won't do it for you ;)

actually, I'm not really a football fan, but you'd just have to be here (or visit) to understand what the team - and Drew Brees - means to this city! Afterall, we waited soooo looong for just a winning season. What's happening now - well yeah - the word euphoria does come to mind.

dem

---And if the Superbowl is broadcast through ESPN or Fox it will most likely be broadcast in spanish through their Mexico affiliate stations.

Rick

All the more motivation to practice my Spanish, huh, Rick? Note to self: add football terminology to list of words to learn! :-)

dem

In the past we had SKY satellite TV because there was no cable in our area. We purchased the NFL package & saw any/every game we wanted.

My husband now uses an online site to watch the Jaguars (we're from Jacksonville Beach, FL, so the Jags are our "home" team) for free.

Many sports bars in San Jose or Escazú will have multiple TVs with multiple games going. You should be able to find a spot to watch if you're living in the Central Valley.

Edited by ReevesTribe