Where are you hearing this? From ARCR? Or from somebody who told someone who told someone? Has it been in their magazine? There was talk awhile back on these forums about ARCR negotiating with the Caja, but when Anabelle (or maybe Carolina) was asked about this she said it is something that is done at that time every year, just a normal part of the process. Then if there are any changes as a result of those negotiations, they are announced sometime early the next year. That is what happens when the rate goes up, as it did a couple of years ago (the increase being something like $3 a month).

If it is your understanding that "there are no more group plan rates through ARCR", please name your source of this information.

Shea - My understanding is the same as yours - that this is a normal re-negotiation of the ARCR group rate. Of course, everyone can speculate as to what the results might be but I've not heard anything about them doing away with it (I've simply said that I understand why CAJA WOULD do away with it now that all legal residents must join as part of their residency requirement).

Jessica

Shea - My understanding is the same as yours - that this is a normal re-negotiation of the ARCR group rate. Of course, everyone can speculate as to what the results might be but I've not heard anything about them doing away with it (I've simply said that I understand why CAJA WOULD do away with it now that all legal residents must join as part of their residency requirement).

Jessica

This reminds me. I mentioned this to a friend and he said the Caja wouldn't do away with the ARCR group rate because they collect all the money, from all the participants, at once and on time. Given the performance of the government and large companies, I would think that would be a good thing!