Hello to all,

I would like to hear some feedback about Monasterio wine it's made in Moravia San Jose Costa Rica and is sold in Pali?????? I find it rather fruity and it tastes good. I drink a little and cook a little with it.

Is this the wine the priest drinks in Church??

Edited by missy

I've seen that wine in Palí, I think it's fairly inexpensive, right? I've thought about trying it. We actually buy Clos in a box ... oh how my wine standards have slipped since moving here. Clos isn't too bad, and it fits our budget. If you've tried them both, how do you think they compare?

Hi Stewart.tb,

I have bought the white wine by Clos. I don't really like it solo. I do use it in a punch with orange juice and gingerale. The monasterio is fruity......I don't like dry wine. I would say give it a try.

We usually drink Frontera, from Chile. It's like $6 a bottle and is yummy. Clos I just had a bad experience with (drank one box too many. . .) and I don't think I'll be touching it again for a while :rolleyes: Red wines I find are easier to drink cheap, but white wines (my preference) have to at least some quality to them.

yeah, Frontera is pretty decent, I like Chilean wine in general. We prefer the Clos Merlot, but drink the Cabernet if there's no Merlot. We stick with red for the health bennies, jajaja. I don't really like dry white wines, but I do like dry reds. The Clos Cabernet is more dry, but the esposo likes the Merlot better, actually with this brand, I do as well. But he drinks red wine ,,, cold! I know, right? But hey, I'm living in a place where they put ice in beer, so it's all good.

Hello to all,

I would like to hear some feedback about Monasterio wine it's made in Moravia San Jose Costa Rica and is sold in Pali?????? I find it rather fruity and it tastes good. I drink a little and cook a little with it.

Is this the wine the priest drinks in Church??

Missy: I buy the Tasty Carlo Rossi Red in the big jug(3L) for about 10,000 Colones at PriceSmart.

Rick

yeah, Frontera is pretty decent, I like Chilean wine in general. We prefer the Clos Merlot, but drink the Cabernet if there's no Merlot. We stick with red for the health bennies, jajaja. I don't really like dry white wines, but I do like dry reds. The Clos Cabernet is more dry, but the esposo likes the Merlot better, actually with this brand, I do as well. But he drinks red wine ,,, cold! I know, right? But hey, I'm living in a place where they put ice in beer, so it's all good.

I actually like white because red stains my teeth! I can't believe they put ice in their already watered down beers. It's just awful.

Hey- has anyone tried the new microbrews from Costa Rican Brewing Co? They have 3 beers right now, one's a stout that is only sold on tap and is really freaking delicious. They also have a golden and red ale.

Hi Lucybelle,

I tryed one on tap once in Escazu.I liked it a lot but thought it was pretty expensive. I know where the brewery is in Cartago. They have tours on week days.

omg ... microbrews?! Here? Where can you find it?

And in one fell swoop, I'm reduced to discussing the finer subtleties of boxed wine, admitting to icing my beer, and using textspeak.

Missy: I buy the Tasty Carlo Rossi Red in the big jug(3L) for about 10,000 Colones at PriceSmart.

Rick

Wow! That costs about $6 in the states now? I remember when it was $2.99. (oops, my bad, I was thinking of the 1.5L we used to by way back when...)

The local supermercado has a pretty good selection of wine, and they often have specials, such as recently a two for one of Flichmans (?) whites or reds for about C7000.

Edited by DanaJ

I actually like white because red stains my teeth! I can't believe they put ice in their already watered down beers. It's just awful. Hey- has anyone tried the new microbrews from Costa Rican Brewing Co? They have 3 beers right now, one's a stout that is only sold on tap and is really freaking delicious. They also have a golden and red ale.

Hey Lucy

sounds like you should start a "drinking tour" for newbie's :D

Wow! That costs about $6 in the states now? I remember when it was $2.99. (oops, my bad, I was thinking of the 1.5L we used to by way back when...)

The local supermercado has a pretty good selection of wine, and they often have specials, such as recently a two for one of Flichmans (?) whites or reds for about C7000.

When I go to visit my family in Massachusetts, I buy the 5 liters wine in the box.... I love it!!!!

https://www.facebook...ftbeercostarica

There's their facebook page. They sell the beers at select bars, but the select bars are becoming more numerous. Since I live in Pavas, the capitol of bars, I'm close to plenty. I've also read they sell cases in certain places but haven't been able to track any of those places down. I know they sell cases as well as pint glasses and Tshirts in the brewery. I tried to organize a tour up there once with friends but it kind of all went to hell. I definitely plan on visiting sometime though!

The beer's names are Libertas (golden), Segua (red) and.. stout. jaja Does everyone know the legend of the Segua?

Oh and FYI- they're having a beer fest in Escazu this weekend! Here's the website for that http://www.festivalcervezaartesanal.com/

Edited by lucybelle