It has been my experience, that most of the pharmacists speak English. You should be ok, at most any of them.

Hi Kotonahe,

At least the 'head-pharmacist' always seems to speak some english, however I have found that sometimes his/her english can be fairly basic.

They always seem to want to help, though so even if you own spanish is not very good, between the two of you the message generally gets across.

HTH

Paul M.

==

My original reply to you didn't make it with the edit. What I said was that you might have the pharmacist write down what you're being offered. You can come home & Google it to find out what it is & what the equivalent is in English. I've done that twice with prescriptions that I didn't recognize by name in Spanish.

Jessica

You can also Google before you go to the farmacia, find out what the generic is and write it down and hand it to the pharmacist. He/she will probably give you a choice of brands and strengths.

You could also find out what the name of the medicine is in Spanish so you are prepared. Many times, the generic name is very similar and totally recognizable.

Edited by eleanorcr