• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
diceallion

Young, Healthy, full of dreams

eleanorcr    0

Good point, David.  At SJO, walk right by those rental car desks, go outside and you will find the shuttle driver holding up a sign, sometimes with your name on it.  I don't remember if there are rental car desks at LIR but if there are, the same advice applies. 

I did find out an interesting thing about car rental agencies and LIR airport:  You will see shuttle drivers holding up signs inside the airport building and you will see shuttle drivers outside the building holding up signs.  The agents inside the building are there because the agency has paid a fee to the airport.  The last time I was there, I saw something like 5 rental car agents inside the building holding signs and a whole bunch of them outside holding signs. 

induna    0

Or even better, get a hotel no too far from the airport. Chill, rest, have a nice dinner, and have the rental agency drop the car off for you the next day at your hotel. Much more tranquilo.

Edited by induna

diceallion    0

Ok.....!!!!! FINALLY. After almost 2 months of searching we found a home to rent for the entire duration in Potrero. 

Plane tickets: done 

home: done...

whats next 

diceallion    0

Ok, a little advise please.  Family of 4, 35 days, staying in a air bnb...  Need packing advise.  Anything out of the general things we pack that my wife and I might overlook and forget.

diceallion    0

Ok, so we are arriving the night of January 30th.  Leaving March 5th.  Obviously we have traveled before, but only to all inclusive and for only a week nothing like this thou for a month.  Now the Airbnb is will equipped with home amenities (towels, sheets, the normal stuff... it even has a washer and dryer)  should we bring our own soap for body washing and laundry or buy it all there?  

Our kids are 14 and 11... Thankfully no baby items are required!!!

Bring your own shampoos, etc but laundry soap is easily available...and inexpensive. Bring insect repellent as we have found that sandflies to be a problem in Potrero.

If you had intended to come this past week, I would have recommended you pack wellie boots... B)...Potrero and Brasilito received a lot of rain and mud.

You would be best to rent a 4x4 in order to be able to use the 'short cut' the Playa Del Coco, else it is actually quite a distance, although it doesn't look like it, on the map.

Edited by costaricafinca

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.