• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
diceallion

Young, Healthy, full of dreams

diceallion    0

It's very challenging. Tough on the life/wife, but seeing the results is also rewarding... So to show a little sympathy for my wife's needs and starting the holiday season... I've seized all savings this month.. And why not, look at all we accomplished so far, so anyway to say this month all extra funds will be spent on her and gifts. Beginning January, we get back at it.

miz-london    0

And........................... Another one out to the cleaners...... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D

I sympathise! We are also a young canadian family planning our escape to paradise. I think that I can write a 1000 page book on what is wrong with life in north america . I'm sure you can write a few pages too. Costa Rica is amazing but not very residency friendly. Alot of money and paperwork and money and waiting and...money. Can't bring any of your belongings because you will be taxed on them. Add the shipping costs and it is just better to buy your stuff here. Especially cars. Can't work locally until you are permanent resident which can take up to 4 years. If you really feel that you need to leave Canada soon you should maybe look at Panama. Alot less $ ( 5K + 2K for each dependent) and you can get a work permit. Here is a link with some info

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-easiest-country-to-obtain-residency-panama

You would also be a short drive away from Costa Rica. Road trip!

ReevesTribe    0

Ironically, I find that Costa Rica is actually quite residency friendly if you compare it to how difficult it would be for a Tico to make the same move to the US or Canada. Heck, they struggle to get visas to simply visit, much less go through a formal immigration process! I think there is quite a difference between having an open residency process where anyone can come & be yet another burden on the CAJA or having a responsible residency process that brings people that can afford to contribute. I feel very fortunate to be in the latter category, contributing as a permanent resident after paying my dues, jumping through hoops, & coming out on the other side. This year is our 10-year anniversary as legal residents!

FYI - when we were approved 10 years ago I was 32 years old with a 9-year-old, twin 5-year-olds, & a 3-year-old. It's not easy but it can be done with proper planning (& a backup plan when things don't go quite according to plan).

Jessica

Edited by ReevesTribe

diceallion    0

I sympathise! We are also a young canadian family planning our escape to paradise. I think that I can write a 1000 page book on what is wrong with life in north america . I'm sure you can write a few pages too. Costa Rica is amazing but not very residency friendly. Alot of money and paperwork and money and waiting and...money. Can't bring any of your belongings because you will be taxed on them. Add the shipping costs and it is just better to buy your stuff here. Especially cars. Can't work locally until you are permanent resident which can take up to 4 years. If you really feel that you need to leave Canada soon you should maybe look at Panama. Alot less $ ( 5K + 2K for each dependent) and you can get a work permit. Here is a link with some info

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-easiest-country-to-obtain-residency-panama

You would also be a short drive away from Costa Rica. Road trip!

merci beaucoup...

diceallion    0

April 2015, I announced my debt free program... I came back a few times to update my progress... Since then, I paid off my 2 cars, a few cards.... As of tonight, i paid off another card and I am officially down to my last 2.........

Added side note, a few months ago, I started to self teach myself to make websites, please feel free to look at my work.

www.1stoptravel411.com

eleanorcr    0

You are making progress! Congratulations! It's a good feeling to get debts paid off.

Let's hope your new venture in website creation will prove fruitful. And thanks for letting us know of your progress.

diceallion    0

Thanks guys... Still has to be the most difficult life challenge ever. However, the results are very rewarding and every time I rid of one, I HIGHLY treat the wife lol, so she does not go nuts.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.