• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts which are inappropriate to the Support Forums will be deleted without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
diceallion

Young, Healthy, full of dreams

122 posts in this topic

Ahhh, I got a plan for that also... I found a online company that will allow me to work from any country so long as I continue to pay my taxes in Canada and maintain a high speed internet connection. So.. Deposit the 60K.... Let that continue to roll over for the 2 years... While living off the income from the online job... Which has a starting salary between $13 & $16 a hour depending on experience.

As long as you can afford to rent a house, pay for your living expenses and probably a private school for you kids, you should do OK.

As an after thought, I was wondering what you think your monthly living costs will be here, in US dollars as your Canadian dollars will be worth less? :unsure:

Edited by costaricafinca

A rough estimate... $1400/month. .. And seeing that the usd has almost no value left to it with the cdn to usd exchange rate... It's the least of my concerns.... For now!

Exactly...!!! It's all good anyway, I ain't ready for my 1 month visit any time soon. I'm... 25% there.

And I'm still workin on winning the lottery to speed up the process. Lololol.

Sorry to have to burst your bubble .... but there is no way you could house and raise a family on this amount, unless you rented a very basic house but maybe not with utilities included, cable nor internet connection

It will cost approx $1000 to have your daughters enrolled in a private school, (costs may be outdated)and that is a lower priced school but may or may not not cover the matriculation fee, uniform, books, bus and extra-curricular costs. I read recently that Public schools are no longer permitted to take students without residency papers, so there would be no option if this is true, until you get residency which is presently taking over a year.

Your medical coverage alone will cost approx over $300 per month since you are under 55 and this is mandatory when applying for residency.

At this time, it is generally accepted that a retired couple moving here now, and quite frugally will need $1500 per month.

Running a car is expensive but you could use the public bus,

You really should be reading the online newspapers, to get an idea of prices here.

1st goal... As I said earlier, my more realistic goal.... (Cause I don't make tons of cash) I just wanna live there for a month 1st.... No all inclusive... Nothing, just wanna rent a home for a month, go to the market to buy food, cook our own suppers, take the bus... Meet people and hang out!

Yeah I know... I listen to you all more then I post... I get these moments where I just talk out loud and type a few posts and then go back to lurker mode. I want this badly, I do.... I'm aware all that's needed and that's solely because of this forum. As I am sitting here on my patio, and looking around me, I feel like my soul is lifting and I'm dreaming of being surrounded by the beauty of the tropics, I could smell the ocean... The sound of nature..... Oh... Wake up!!! Damn, Monday tomorrow... Back to work.

One thing you must consider if you are going to be working online, and that is finding somewhere you like, that has decent internet connection and in many places this may a problem, unless you are located more into the Central Valley.

That's right! What's more, it's important to verify the availability and quality of the Internet service in your EXACT location. Because capacity can be limited in some areas, and because lines of sight can vary, it's not enough to know that your neighborhood or your next door neighbor has access. You must verify it at your own specific location.

Edited by David C. Murray

3 years have gone by, I still lurk more then I post. I keep reading over my introduction and I still feel the same way. The only difference now is that I have a 2 year plan..... If all goes well, within 2 years or in 2 years my family will be making a 2 to 3 month visit. I could barely wait.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor