We have added this Forum so Members can have a place to advertise items they may wish to Buy or Sell.

We have very specific Rules. Please read these carefully BEFORE you Post here.

Rules:

1. No commercial advertising whatever is permitted. In other words, no stores or commercial establishments of any nature may Post here.

2. Acceptable items that may be Posted for Sale here might include household goods or items, automobiles, bicycles, golf clubs, domestic appliances and so on. You may NOT Post any service related items, such as professional services, travel agency services, tours, etc.

3. Do NOT Post any Real Estate, property rentals rentals, etc.

3. You must post the following information if you are selling an item:

Item description
Age (if applicable)
Condition of the items
The selling price you are asking
The way you wish to be contacted. (see below)

4. In this Forum ONLY, you may post your phone number or your email address, but we strongly suggest you use the built-in Private Mail or Email functions to protect your security.

5. If the Item you wish to Buy or Sell is bought or sold, you must return here and Delete your Post. I will delete all Posted Items for Sale or Items Wanted after 60 days, but I don't have time to be doing this.

6. You may add a picture of the item you are selling.

We may add or remove rules as time goes on.

Enjoy!

TG

Well you raise a great question.

After the first few offerings appeared, I sort of figured... what the heck. Nothing commercial is permitted elsewhere else in these forums, so maybe this won't be so bad... so I just never enforced the rules and so far it has not been abused...

The posters were all Members in good standing ... blah, blah blah... My fault entirely.

Now what to do? Get tough? Delete posts?

What do the other members think? Big deal? Clean house?

Geez... I dunno.

I need opinions

TG

Well you raise a great question.

After the first few offerings appeared, I sort of figured... what the heck. Nothing commercial is permitted elsewhere else in these forums, so maybe this won't be so bad... so I just never enforced the rules and so far it has not been abused...

The posters were all Members in good standing ... blah, blah blah... My fault entirely.

Now what to do? Get tough? Delete posts?

What do the other members think? Big deal? Clean house?

Geez... I dunno.

I need opinions

TG

Dear TG

No problems here. I'd love to be able to list rentals and new business venture, etc. As a newbie,

just trying to play by the rules.

BTW, when I see my replies, there is a line at the bottom of my member info that says "warn: 0%"

What is that?

Thanks,

Shirley

I think listing personal items for sale is fine. Real Estate sales/rentals can become a problem in my estimate. Every real estate company/person will become a member of forum then you can picture what may happen. Only my opinion.

On 3/14/2011 at 0:53 PM, Carol Nickerson said:

I think listing personal items for sale is fine. Real Estate sales/rentals can become a problem in my estimate. Every real estate company/person will become a member of forum then you can picture what may happen. Only my opinion.

Carol,

We have become a bit more relaxed about personal Items for sale, including real estate but while we do not want to see an eruption of commercial real estate ads we will accept one commercial real estate ad (with only one listing) per vendor per month (i.e., every thirty [30] days), and with the proviso that the previous month's ad, if there is one extant, be removed by the vendor before the new ad is posted. Failure by the commercial advertiser to remove his or her previous month's ad will result in the removal of both advertisements, wthout comment.

Repeat offenders may be placed on Moderated status or have their Forums membership revoked.

As explained previously, all ads, be they commercial or otherwise, may remain up to 3 months, after which time they are considered to be expired and must be removed by the poster. Failure to take down one's expired ads may result in a member's loss of permission to post RE or other ads to these Forums.

Hope that clarifies.

Paul M.

==

TG,

Good morning! By the looks of the ARCR description of this Forum "Any Property For Sale or Wanted - Including rentals or other items", I thought this might be the place to inquire from other members if they might have a rental available. After reading the "rules", I am left confused as it now states "do not post rentals or realestate". Would you please clarify this point.

I am traveling south for a few months and would prefer to follow a recommendation from a member v.s. a "cold lead" from others.

Thank you! B)

Neutron7

On 6/6/2011 at 9:16 AM, Neutron7 said:

By the looks of the ARCR description of this Forum "Any Property For Sale or Wanted - Including rentals or other items", I thought this might be the place to inquire from other members if they might have a rental available.

Hello Neutron,

Yes, Forums members may post to this Forum to inquire about finding a rental.

HTH

Paul M.

Forums Moderator

==

As an exercise in "getting to know how things are done in Costa Rica," why not keep the rules as they are written. Then, you can just post something for sale and see what happens, if anything. Note that there is a "cabina for rent" notice in another thread.

On 1/11/2013 at 3:56 PM, billgreen said:

Why not rewrite the rules so as not to further confuse people?

Dear New Forums Member,

It seems quite curious that on your first post as a new member you'd want to change things before you have even taken time to see how these Forums work and how its members interact.

You might –as a polite suggestion– perhaps go over to the Forum For Visitors and New Users and write us a brief, introductory bio about yourself and tell us what it is that interests you about coming to Costa Rica.

Regards,

Paul M.

Forums Moderator

==