LORAINE

LAKE ARENAL CITIES AND WEATHER

As far as getting the land surveyed...isn't the catastro enough for the lawyer? I thought the lawyer/notary basically would do all of the due diligance such as verifying the property, check liens, etc.? Annelise, you really sound like you love your place. And your neighbor has the right idea...take your time, develop the land and wait to see where the ideal spot is to place the house. I hope I have the opportunity to do the same. It's a dream right now that I hope I can turn into a reality.

As far as getting the land surveyed...isn't the catastro enough for the lawyer? I thought the lawyer/notary basically would do all of the due diligance such as verifying the property, check liens, etc.?

Most of the time the lawyer will never see the land. The reason for the survey is that in CR the boundaries are sometimes unknown with enough precision, and sometimes a fence was put up with no understanding of where the real property line was, and sometimes portions of larger properties get sold off without an accurate survey having been done. Or maybe the seller wants you to think your property includes that nice little river, or access road, or a certain tree, etc., but it does not.

Thanks, Ciclista...Isn't the catastro an official land document (survey)? I suppose if I wanted to buy additional footage, I would need to have a new one done anyway.

Thanks, Ciclista...Isn't the catastro an official land document (survey)? I suppose if I wanted to buy additional footage, I would need to have a new one done anyway.

Yes, but you need to have it verified. Suppose your neighbor had fenced in or started using part of your property. You would need to know this.

DJ

Something else to think about. I've lived in Central valley for 1yr. Humidity (cool yes, humid very. Had to have my face skin scrapped because of ?mold?

The doctors (plural) I've seen tell me it's the sun (what sun), but I've hid in my house for at least 3 of the 12 months. venturing outside twice a week to buy food. I must apply a cream twice a day to keep the ?mold? from turning my skin into a giant red scab. Long story short, visiting for up to 3months at a time is not enough. If'n I had bought i would not be happy (and I'm already not happy cause of this).

ANYONE know where I can move in CR where humidity is less than 58%???? Anyone else had their skin scrapped and advice what to do?

Oh yea, the medication I apply has a black box warning, something about causing cancer.

wif4