Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

Our car made the camera ticket list

Actually there is a good reason to request a photo if there is any doubt in your mind about the ticket. A report in one of the online news"papers" this morning told about a license plate number listed. When the lady saw a photo of the license plate, not only was the number unclear but the license on the car shown (mounted to one side) was not even in the same position as the one on her car (mounted in the middle). Obviously not the right car or license number.

Here is the website to check your vehicle's plate on: http://www.infraccion.co.cr/login.aspx

I had to go to COSEVI for my driver's license, while that didn't work out I did appeal my ticket. For all of us with lead feet, you only need a letter (written in Spanish) with the reasons you are disputing the ticket and a copy of your passport or cedula. Surprisingly the line was short and the girl working the counter spoke good English. You could wait in a long line if you wanted to get a copy of the photo of the infraction. Not really much information on the photo, just a picture of your tag. There is an additional page showing where the infraction took place with the photo. Neither of which was worth waiting for IMHO.

Hope this helps someone.

Merc

when did you go! yesterday??

Yeah, I was there again today completing my CR driver's license.....many people discussing it. *Everyone* talking about how things are going to change (i.e. fines reduces, etc..) Me, I'll take all that talk with a grain of salt, say a prayer and see what happens next.

heading to SJ in the AM at 430 ti be there at 700 when they open. two hour drive for us AND WILL NOT be speeding. Amen. :) will let everyone know how it all pans out. Thanks.

Left Guapiles area 440AM stopped by to pick up a pilot friend that got a ticket too, and then we got to cosevi right before 7. Line was already started down side walk. About 40 before us, but most of them there for Drivers Liscense. we were 6 ane 7 th in line., gave them letter. the guy reads it, looks in computer, STAMPS IT. and says thank you and says we will be on contact, out by 745AM. i was surprised that there was hardly anyone there. I figured there would be thousands. If we do not win appeal or if thye drop charges. we will file on them for not notifying us in 10 days after we got ticket. I had to find out in the Tico Times. only read article because i wanted to see IF our friends got any. and lo and behold we did the only day of two that we were ever even in SJ. LOL on our way to airport. Wild huh. and we did not speed yesterday!! :) Hallelujah!! SO.... lets see what happens. i guess they will send us a email. everybody here lets keep everybody updated OK. OK

Thank Yall Hats off to ARCR for being so informative and helpful!!

Laura

Edited by luv2fish

I went to SJ from Alajuela day before yesterday to run some errands and pay my CAJA.

On the pista I definitely noticed that traffic was moving slower and, if it was not a mirage of some sort, more smoothly, as well, plus there was no apparent tail-gating!

So the cameras really do seem to be having an effect.

Just FWIW . . .

Paul M.

==