Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

Our car made the camera ticket list

we got busted on the camera ticket thing in SJ. I just happen to look at that article. and there we were. On the list

83 KPH in a 60. on the way to airport. 616.00 or 308000 colones , whatever makes it feel better.LOL we will see attorney tommorrow or atleast talk to one. One person we talked to said they may drop them all. Hm.. dont know about that. but dont need any problems, so we need ot get it resolved.

Just has not been our week

and to top it off. pretty sure our employee was in on burglary of our home :( waiting on OIJ to get serious on investigation. ?? we will see.

No more speeding.. jaja!! and house in on the market.. :)

Edited by luv2fish

How long have you been here? How many times have you been robbed? Where do you live?

almost five years. its just the employees and we didnt have security all the time. but now we will when we are not here.

we have four acres and three homes over 12 KM North of Guapiles (on 32) on ther Rio Santa Clara. very beautiful. Not touristy. central located to everything and everywhere. sorta like country jungle mix. :) Thanks for asking.

Edited by luv2fish

Those fines are brutal!!!!!

Good luck with selling - are you relocating within Costa Rica or heading back to the US?

no relocation plan here . we can always come visit all our frieds or even rent in different areas if we decide to come visit. well i wont say that we wont ever be back. we like panama. also we have alot of property in US.

we love costa rica , its very beautiful.

There are signs posted periodically with the speed limits, and also the speed limit is painted on the lanes.

The only place that puzzles me is the road between the airport and Alajuela, the one that goes by the International Mall. I have never figured out what the limit is there because I can't find a sign. I just read they are going to put cameras there. How do you know if you are speeding when it's not posted?

I struggle with the limits being painted on the road - I'm usually frantically trying to avoid being road kill when I'm driving anywhere near the airport or San Jose! It is really easy to miss the signs or what is painted on the road. Hopefully something is done to remedy that issue (HA, RIGHT!).

I struggle with the limits being painted on the road - I'm usually frantically trying to avoid being road kill when I'm driving anywhere near the airport or San Jose! It is really easy to miss the signs or what is painted on the road. Hopefully something is done to remedy that issue (HA, RIGHT!).

Oh, you aren't supposed to really read them (dripping sarcasm). No one obviously even tries. Signage is so scarce in this country as to possibly be a huge cause of traffic accidents, maybe more so than speeding. They ought to impose huge fines on the people responsible for creating safe roads.

Especially west of the airport on the pista, there aren't even any visible lane lines, let alone speed limits on the pavement. I notice the lines are more prominent going toward SJ. I assume because that's the direction where the visiting dignitaries go ... We wouldn't want to give them the wrong (er, right!) impression. i have heard from a couple of sources that the government has a choice of paint that lasts a year or paint that lasts 3 years. They opt for the 1 year kind because it is cheaper.

Have you ever driven the western direction from the airport at night or in the rain? ¡Muy peligroso!

i have heard from a couple of sources that the government has a choice of paint that lasts a year or paint that lasts 3 years. They opt for the 1 year kind because it is cheaper.

And of course they only paint every four years!

As I understand it, there are signs posted warning of the upcoming traffic cameras (I have seen the ones between SJ and SJO) and that the speed limit in all of the zones where they have placed the cameras is 60 kph.

If you don't see the signs or if they have been stolen simply look for the brake lights of all the cars slowing to avoid a speeding fine!

JAJA!! exactly!! what hubby says. he says he has to drive fast in order for us not to get run over and killed. LOL yep... waiting to hear more from attorney. if we appeal it may take two years to go to trial they say. By then they think they will drop all these crazy tickets. So we will wait til tommorrow to find out what to do. FOR SURE. i hate to think of paying 616.00 Wow. NO MORE SPEEDING i told Hubby! glad i wasnt the ONE driving. LOL

Well, I just checked, and yup...me too. Mind letting me know what your lawyer says?

oh and on a side note. My car is only worth 500,000 colones..if that. What happens if I just decide not to pay it?

Edited by merc1011

we got busted on the camera ticket thing in SJ. I just happen to look at that article. and there we were. On the list

83 KPH in a 60. on the way to airport. 616.00 or 308000 colones , whatever makes it feel better.LOL we will see attorney tommorrow or atleast talk to one. One person we talked to said they may drop them all. Hm.. dont know about that. but dont need any problems, so we need ot get it resolved.

Just has not been our week

and to top it off. pretty sure our employee was in on burglary of our home :( waiting on OIJ to get serious on investigation. ?? we will see.

No more speeding.. jaja!! and house in on the market.. :)

Where is the list you are talking about??????

Here is the website to check your vehicle's plate on: http://www.infraccion.co.cr/login.aspx

I had to go to COSEVI for my driver's license, while that didn't work out I did appeal my ticket. For all of us with lead feet, you only need a letter (written in Spanish) with the reasons you are disputing the ticket and a copy of your passport or cedula. Surprisingly the line was short and the girl working the counter spoke good English. You could wait in a long line if you wanted to get a copy of the photo of the infraction. Not really much information on the photo, just a picture of your tag. There is an additional page showing where the infraction took place with the photo. Neither of which was worth waiting for IMHO.

Hope this helps someone.

Merc