Info about rentals on the Nicoya Peninsula

codyrica2013

I will be making my final scouting trip soon. We've pretty much decided on the Nicoya Peninsula for a number of reasons. We are looking for a simple rental in the hills above the Pacific 20-50 km from the beaches. The towns of Nicoya, Santa Cruz and Hojancha will be our "base". Does anyone have any ideas about local folks who are realtors or owners who are competant and honest. Although I am not fluent in spanish, I can work my way through a conversation or a simple contract negotiation.

You can take a look here - www.nicoyapeninsula.com Lots of information, mostly aimed at tourists, but perhaps you can find something helpful.

If I were you, I would just book something for a few days and then have a look around and talk to local people. If the first place doesn't suit you, then you can just move on.

Edited by eleanorcr

You can take a look here - www.nicoyapeninsula.com Lots of information, mostly aimed at tourists, but perhaps you can find something helpful.

If I were you, I would just book something for a few days and then have a look around and talk to local people. If the first place doesn't suit you, then you can just move on.

Thanks. I'll check that out. But it does seem that all the websites are aimed at tourists. I've resigned myself to not making any decisions until I have shaken hands and said con gusto mucho many times. I was just hoping to be able to get as much info under my belt as possible.

Well, most websites are aimed at tourists. But you can still pick up a lot of information there about various areas and find a place to stay. Of course, the best way to learn about a place is to be there. SectorBets gave you some really good advice, I think.

I really don't think you can do much ahead of time except research carefully all the areas you are looking at. You can find a lot of general information on the internet, as I am sure you already have.

Well, most websites are aimed at tourists. But you can still pick up a lot of information there about various areas and find a place to stay. Of course, the best way to learn about a place is to be there. SectorBets gave you some really good advice, I think.

I really don't think you can do much ahead of time except research carefully all the areas you are looking at. You can find a lot of general information on the internet, as I am sure you already have.

Thanks for all this info. By the way... I was very impressed with how all you folks called rainycrick on his crap. I had a lot to say but everyone else was able to very eloquently dress him down. Folks like that simply miss the point of why most people move to a country like CR. Maybe they'll take your advice and go to Belize!!