Expat Looking For Donor

Hello , My name is Pam and you might have read some of my posts here over the years. I´ve been too busy to contribute lately because my husband is very ill. We live in Nosara on the Nicoya Peninsula. He has ESRD , End Stage Renal Disease , or kidney disease. He has an excellant nephrologist at Hospital Clinica Biblica who has cared for him for over a year but the doctor says he now desperately needs a kidney because he had a rare and violent reaction to dialysis in the hospital. The nephrologist has informed us that foreigners stand little to no chance of receiving a donor from the list here in CR because of course Ticos are their priority.His nephrologist at Biblica is educated in the states , speaks fluent English and performs kidney transplants here at Biblica. Biblica is accredited in the states and having spent alot of time here over the last year and a half I can say with certainty that the hospital and staff are imppecably 1st World and competant. Our health insurance policy with INS ( not the CAJA which we have but prefer not to use ) covers expenses for both doner and recipient. If anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be interested in donating a kidney we would be profoundly grateful to hear from you. You can private message me on the forum and I´ll give you my email address and any and all information you need. Thank you for reading this , Pam

That is a sad story, Pam. But, it is amazing that you are not sitting there moping, you are actively working towards a solution. He is lucky to have you. I, too, will keep positive thoughts for you and your husband.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and moral support. It´s amazing how much a sentence or a smile can mean when you´re overwhelmed and your world is upside down. People being kind and compassionate to people is what makes the world including mine go round ! Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pam: Don't know if you remember me from John H's forum but I remember you. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's problems. Got to say, Biblica is a wonderful hospital. My hubby was in there a couple of years ago in ICU and his care was amazing. I will do some spells for you and send my prayers to the Goddess. Wishing you both well.

Hi Pam: Don't know if you remember me from John H's forum but I remember you. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's problems. Got to say, Biblica is a wonderful hospital. My hubby was in there a couple of years ago in ICU and his care was amazing. I will do some spells for you and send my prayers to the Goddess. Wishing you both well.

Hi Nel , Yes, I remember you , we had some lively and meaningful discussions on John's forum. John is still a lively guy , I spoke to him yesterday. Thank you for your spells and prayers !