Sign in to follow this  
shortnsassy

Earthquake felt in Pennsylvania

Well, this is a switch. There was an earthquake in Virginia about half an hour ago that was felt all the way to New England. My house was shaking and the cats were diving for cover. Very freaky. Good practice for CR. Although I'm originally from California, I haven't felt an earthquake since 1957 or so.

Jodi

Well, this is a switch. There was an earthquake in Virginia about half an hour ago that was felt all the way to New England. My house was shaking and the cats were diving for cover. Very freaky. Good practice for CR. Although I'm originally from California, I haven't felt an earthquake since 1957 or so.

Jodi

My family on the outskirts of Phili reported feeling the house sway a bit. The kids playing outside didn't notice a thing :)

Teri

My family is all in VA and NC. They felt it pretty good. But it wasn't anything big and bad.

http://jmckinley.pos...ake-devastation

It was centered in Charlottesville, VA and was 5.9. My husband was sitting in his truck outside work and didn't feel a thing, but when he went back to his building everyone was pretty freaked out. It felt pretty strong here. Funny.

It was centered in Charlottesville, VA and was 5.9. My husband was sitting in his truck outside work and didn't feel a thing, but when he went back to his building everyone was pretty freaked out. It felt pretty strong here. Funny.

The USGS site says it was a 5.8 magnitude. That's about as strong as the one here in Alajuela this past May which was a 5.9.

How far from Lynchburg was that epicenter, please?

My neighbors next door to me moved from Tampa to Lynchburg end of May this year.

I haven't heard anything about how the quake affected them, or IF it affected them there.

Was just curious.

Paul M.

==

Hi Paul,

I looked it up and apparently it's 63 miles. I'm outside of Philadelphia and we're about 200 miles from the epicenter in Charlottesville.

Jodi

The USGS site says it was a 5.8 magnitude. That's about as strong as the one here in Alajuela this past May which was a 5.9.

How far from Lynchburg was that epicenter, please?

My neighbors next door to me moved from Tampa to Lynchburg end of May this year.

I haven't heard anything about how the quake affected them, or IF it affected them there.

Was just curious.

Paul M.

==

I looked it up and apparently it's 63 miles. I'm outside of Philadelphia and we're about 200 miles from the epicenter in Charlottesville.

Thanx Jodi.

I emailed them and got a reply that they experienced a lot of shaking in Lynchburg but no damage.

Paul M.

==