Does anyone know if there's room in there to use a wheelchair? Or maybe they have one for patron use ...

You could get partway in, but most of the aisles inside are too narrow or have boxes of goods lining the aisles that would present an obstacle.

And thee is no way to get a wheelchair up to the second level.

Sorry.

Paul M.

==

You could get partway in, but most of the aisles inside are too narrow or have boxes of goods lining the aisles that would present an obstacle.

And thee is no way to get a wheelchair up to the second level.

Sorry.

Paul M.

==

That's pretty much typical in this country, in spite of the laws requiring accessibility. Well, I guess this store won't be getting my vast sums of money! lol People ask me why I don't like it here and that's a very large part of the reason.

Actually, I will probably go there and see if they have a chair I can sit in every few minutes. I do that at Mercado Sony and they are very accommodating, sometimes running around the store picking up the items I need. The only problem with that is I don't get to see all the goodies!

That's pretty much typical in this country, in spite of the laws requiring accessibility. Well, I guess this store won't be getting my vast sums of money! lol People ask me why I don't like it here and that's a very large part of the reason.

Actually, I will probably go there and see if they have a chair I can sit in every few minutes. I do that at Mercado Sony and they are very accommodating, sometimes running around the store picking up the items I need. The only problem with that is I don't get to see all the goodies!

Shea,

Are you aware of this item?:

Walkstool Comfort 26" inch XXL Compact Stool Portable Folding Chair with Case for sports & travel Photography

http://www.amazon.com/Walkstool-Comfort-XXL-High-Extra/dp/B0015A8DVM/ref=pd_cp_e_2

I first saw one that a guy had at one of the ARCR 2-Day Seminars. He had hip problems and had to sit down frequently to take the weight off his hip. It also has a wrist-strap so that when you stand up and raise your hand the stool folds right up and you carry it along (and don't forget it).

They come in several heights and fold up small and flat and fit into a black carry-sleeve with a couple cords so it can be worn like a back pack until needed, leaving the hands free.

This might be useful for you since, like me you have a walking limitation.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Shea,

Are you aware of this item?:

Walkstool Comfort 26" inch XXL Compact Stool Portable Folding Chair with Case for sports & travel Photography

http://www.amazon.com/Walkstool-Comfort-XXL-High-Extra/dp/B0015A8DVM/ref=pd_cp_e_2

I first saw one that a guy had at one of the ARCR 2-Day Seminars. He had hip problems and had to sit down frequently to take the weight off his hip. It also has a wrist-strap so that when you stand up and raise your hand the stool folds right up and you carry it along (and don't forget it).

They come in several heights and fold up small and flat and fit into a black carry-sleeve with a couple cords so it can be worn like a back pack until needed, leaving the hands free.

This might be useful for you since, like me you have a walking limitation.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Good idea, but since I have one arm that doesn't work and two hands that have a lot of pain, that's not really an option. For instance, i just had to buy plastic dishes because I can't lift my pottery ones right now. I really can't carry much more than my purse, so if I had any purchases AND had to carry a stool besides, I'd need to hire a sherpa! lol

Other than that, life is good.

Do they have a carnecería at this store, selling such things as Chinese BBQ pork, ribs, Peking duck, etc? When I go to Mercado Sony I buy these things at the carnecería on the corner. it would be nice if I could find it at this new store.

I just checked out the website and can't find these items listed, but I also can't wait to go there! Taking friends there tomorrow (Tuesday a.m.) to look it over!

I'm still trying to find out how to get there. The maps on the website have no street names. I can't figure it out.

Do they have a carnecería at this store, selling such things as Chinese BBQ pork, ribs, Peking duck, etc? When I go to Mercado Sony I buy these things at the carnecería on the corner. it would be nice if I could find it at this new store.

I just checked out the website and can't find these items listed, but I also can't wait to go there! Taking friends there tomorrow (Tuesday a.m.) to look it over!

I'm still trying to find out how to get there. The maps on the website have no street names. I can't figure it out.

There was no butcher shop any of the times I was there, but it has been about a year now that I was there last. There were some of the things you mention (above) in their freezer cases, though.

The directions to KAWO are at the bottom of their webpage:

dirección.: 500m sur de la iglesia de Tibas San José Costa Rica

KAWO = Supermercado ASIA, BTW . . .

But why don't you phone them to ask these questions? The daughter speaks some english.

HTH

Paul M.

I have to laugh when people consider something like that to be "directions." Where is that church? How do I get to Tibas from the Camino del Sol? And where should I get off, start from, end up ... Oh, crud. I give up. How I long for street names and building numbers. Not to mention decent maps. The ones on the website for this store have no street names, and the streets don't really look like they do in real life, i.e. the intersection at the southeast corner of La Sabana, where Universal is. That doesn't even show the different streets that are there. In case you think I'm map-challenged, I actually used to draw maps for the company I worked for.

I will call this morning, but unless the lady can give me better directions than this, I know how to get to the Nacional Theatre and will probably just continue to go to Mercado Sony. If someone could direct me to the other market from the street the national theater is on, I might be able to make heads or tails out of it, but to tell me it's near a church I have never heard of in a town I don't know how to get to just doesn't get me anywhere.

It's like the directions the author of a guidebook to CR was given on a business card (seems like the card was for a professional person, too!). "200 meters south of the house where the doctor killed himself ..." lol

Just so you know this isn't just a CR thing, I'm reminded of directions I received (actually printed in a guide book) to get somewhere in Baja California. Go 3.4 kilometers west. When you see 3 rocks piled up, take that road to the right ...

Anyway, maybe I should hire one of you who have been there to take me there so I can drop breadcrumbs along the way. hee hee

P.S. I just looked on the ARCR map and can't find Tibas.

Edited by Shea

Hi Shea, I think I found it by looking it up and Google Mapping it. G-Maps is really handy, and if you switch to Sat view, its pretty dam good, can almost read the license plats on the cars.

Dana

So, we went, we saw and we bought, thanks to Dana and his maps. Forgot to go upstairs after shopping the main floor, so I have no idea what is up there. I think will probably stick to Mercado Sony, due to their larger frozen food selection, their fresh produce, their selection of Asian products from other cultures, i.e. Thai, Indian, etc., and their proximity to an Asian carnecería, where I can buy my favorite Chinese barbecue pork.

Someone want to fill in the blanks as to what is upstairs? It might make me reconsider. All in all it was a fun adventure, and it's always nice to have another resource.

In case anyone is interested, some friends told me about a small inner mall a block or two east of the National Theater on the other side of the street. They said there are all kinds of Oriental household goodies, but not a lot of groceries. Maybe clothing — I can't remember. A parking lot is very near there. I hope to check that out someday soon.

Add that to the Italian deli market in Lindora (?) and a lot of my culinary needs are being met. Now if I just could find ingredients for good Mexican food. Oh, yeah, and a nice corned beef sandwich.

So, we went, we saw and we bought, thanks to Dana and his maps. Forgot to go upstairs after shopping the main floor, so I have no idea what is up there. I think will probably stick to Mercado Sony, due to their larger frozen food selection, their fresh produce, their selection of Asian products from other cultures, i.e. Thai, Indian, etc., and their proximity to an Asian carnecería, where I can buy my favorite Chinese barbecue pork.

Someone want to fill in the blanks as to what is upstairs? It might make me reconsider. All in all it was a fun adventure, and it's always nice to have another resource.

Hey Shea,

Glad you made it there. From Alajuela we generally go along uphill, along the north side of the valley to San José from Alajuela to get there and avoid the city entirely and most of the hassle of traffic but I had no way to describe that route to you, sorry.

When I was there before the 2nd floor was full of dry goods, furniture, lamps, stools, ceramic vases, plus lots of oriental trinkets and tchotchkes.

And the stairwell to the third and fourth floors was just jammed FULL of 50 lb. bags of rice. More bags of rice than you could possibly shake a paddy at!

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Hey Shea,

Glad you made it there. From Alajuela we generally go along uphill, along the north side of the valley to San José from Alajuela to get there and avoid the city entirely and most of the hassle of traffic but I had no way to describe that route to you, sorry.

When I was there before the 2nd floor was full of dry goods, furniture, lamps, stools, ceramic vases, plus lots of oriental trinkets and tchotchkes.

And the stairwell to the third and fourth floors was just jammed FULL of 50 lb. bags of rice. More bags of rice than you could possibly shake a paddy at!

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Thanks, Paul. It sounds like I didn't miss a lot on the second floor, since i wouldn't be in the market for things like that. I like the food but not the tchotchkes. And I'll pass on the 50-lb. bags of rice. lol Back to the first floor, I did buy a nice perfect-sized bowl for my pork noodles. They didn't have a lot of dishes, but what they did have were priced reasonably.

Thanks, Paul. It sounds like I didn't miss a lot on the second floor, since i wouldn't be in the market for things like that. I like the food but not the tchotchkes. And I'll pass on the 50-lb. bags of rice. lol Back to the first floor, I did buy a nice perfect-sized bowl for my pork noodles. They didn't have a lot of dishes, but what they did have were priced reasonably.

Most of the dishes and china flowerpots, etc., are outside to your right as you enter the door to the store proper.

As I recall, they had a significant selection of dishware.

Paul M.

==