• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==

luv2fish    0

after getting infor from ARCR. we headed to Tibas. The ASIA market is awesome. we bought noodles, spices,sauces, eggrolls, wontons, dumplings. canned lychees and fresh oolong and green teas. Also bought a 32 " wok and all kinds of dishes and such. Loved it. Two stores down is there is another store owned by same family, The young lady speaks awesome ENGLISH. I bought myself a tea set and a bunch of dishes there also. We took the ice chest and filled it up. Tried some of the foodie stuff last night DELICIOUS. Thanks ARCR

DanaJ    0

after getting infor from ARCR. we headed to Tibas. The ASIA market is awesome. we bought noodles, spices,sauces, eggrolls, wontons, dumplings. canned lychees and fresh oolong and green teas. Also bought a 32 " wok and all kinds of dishes and such. Loved it. Two stores down is there is another store owned by same family, The young lady speaks awesome ENGLISH. I bought myself a tea set and a bunch of dishes there also. We took the ice chest and filled it up. Tried some of the foodie stuff last night DELICIOUS. Thanks ARCR

Do they have loose teas? A friend is looking for loose or bulk tea.

And can you give more info on how to find this place? Do you have a phone number?

Thanks.

DianaF    0

Thanks for this info - I love the Asian markets in Vancouver and Richmond (where we come from) - the fresh foods, the beautiful dishware, the restaurants -

Shea    0

Do you know the name of this market? And where is Tibas? Is it a section of San Jose or a separate town? I would be going to SJ via the Camino del Sol.

I occasionally shop at Mercado Sony north of the National Theater. Is the Tibas store bigger/better than that one? I love to cook Asian food and would rally like to investigate this store.

Thanks for any info.

Epicatt2    0

Do you know the name of this market? And where is Tibas? Is it a section of San Jose or a separate town? I would be going to SJ via the Camino del Sol.

I occasionally shop at Mercado Sony north of the National Theater. Is the Tibas store bigger/better than that one? I love to cook Asian food and would rally like to investigate this store.

It's up the hill north of SJ, on beyond Cinco Esquinas.

You can see Tibás on that nice map that ARCR gives out.

HTH

Paul M.

==

luv2fish    0

Yes i bought oolong and green tea. it is in a brown paper bag with a plastic liner, it is very good. and im picky about my tea. The name on front iS ASIA. if you take off the Tibas exit from 32, follow road North , down in front of Mc Donalds to the dead end at the plaza, and take a left. and its 400 meters (1/2 mile) on the right side. and the gift shop is two more shops down on the right. let me find my receipts and i will get number. or i am going back tuesday and i will get it. Excellent place to buy items i was use to buying in US that i can ot buy here in Guapiles area. Frozen food is EXCELLENT

DanaJ    0

Yes i bought oolong and green tea. it is in a brown paper bag with a plastic liner, it is very good. and im picky about my tea. The name on front iS ASIA. if you take off the Tibas exit from 32, follow road North , down in front of Mc Donalds to the dead end at the plaza, and take a left. and its 400 meters (1/2 mile) on the right side. and the gift shop is two more shops down on the right. let me find my receipts and i will get number. or i am going back tuesday and i will get it. Excellent place to buy items i was use to buying in US that i can ot buy here in Guapiles area. Frozen food is EXCELLENT

Hi, 6I tried to find a phone number in the ICE book, no luck, so I tried to find it on Google Maps, but still no luck, but did find the McD's.

If you could provide the phone, or directions from Google Maps, that would be great.

Tanks.

Epicatt2    0

OK, Y'all - I'll post it once more for you:

KAWO SUPERMERCADO (aka ASIA) in Tibás:

http://www.crjin.com/html/esp/t/t008.html

Once you are on the site, please bookmark its URL for future reference. There are directions, a map and telephone numbers on the site, plus a photo of the front of the store, and additionally, shots of some of the merchandise that's offered inside.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Epicatt2    0

Going back tommorrow JUST TO LOOK LOL , im sure will shop, if there is room in car after pricesamrt LOL.

It's a wonderful store.

You'll be amazed at the stuff in there. Be sure to ask whether the 2nd floor is open, where there is furniture and other non-food items.

Hope we'll get a trip report fro you out of this!

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Epicatt2    0

Thanks Paul. I will pass this on to those who asked.

Dana,

Hope they enjoy wandering around in that store as much as I do.

Tell them that they'd better take along an extra one of those cloth shopping bags when they go.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==