Sign in to follow this  

we are flying out for a florida vacation in sept for 10 days. **how much is long term parking at airport. does anyone know. And since we are staying one night in alajuela , night before trip. since flight is so early. we are considering leaving our car parked at the holiday inn. They charge 14.00 for the 10 days. < anybody ever left their car at one of the hotels. Let me know how it worked out

Thanks

Laura

I think it is like $12 or $14 a day at SJO. Sorry to not be precise, I haven't left the car there in 2 years for longer term parking.

Boy, the price is right to park it at the Holiday Inn but I'd really be worried about it getting broken into! We use a parking lot around the corner from Vida Tropical to park. I don't have Angela's info handy right now (I'm in FL currently), but maybe Paul M. knows it? Paul M. - I'm referring to Angela who has the parking lot on the corner & the little farmacia next door.

We use a parking lot around the corner from Vida Tropical to park. I don't have Angela's info handy right now (I'm in FL currently), but maybe Paul M. knows it? Paul M. - I'm referring to Angela who has the parking lot on the corner & the little farmacia next door.

Jessica,

Not having a vehicle I have had no need to park anywhere so don't have contact info for that parking lot on the corner you mentioned.

However if Laura has some facility with spanish she could phone Soda Palmares across the street from that parking lot and ask if they have the parking lot's number.

Soda Palmares phone: 2452-0105 (open daily 'til 6pm and Sundays 'til 2pm)

This is the best I can come up with at the moment.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Also take a look at Airport B&B - they have long-term parking for anyone who stays there at least one night.

Eleanor,

Do you have a URL for the place you are mentioning, please?

Googling 'Airport B&B' just brings up a general website listing various B&Bs and not any particular B&B.

Regards,

Paul M.

==

It's a bit confusing, Paul. The website is here http://airport-san-jose.bed-and-breakfast.cr/airport.html?bbcom

Even though "San Jose" is in the name, it's not in San Jose but rather northwest of the airport - just off the PanAmerican Highway going north. It is also known as Margarita's Airport B&B. Definitely confusing.

The website says $3 a night for nights not staying there and they offer a shuttle to the airport.

Edited by eleanorcr

It's a bit confusing, Paul. The website is here http://airport-san-jose.bed-and-breakfast.cr/airport.html?bbcom

Even though "San Jose" is in the name, it's not in San Jose but rather northwest of the airport - just off the PanAmerican Highway going north. It is also known as Margarita's Airport B&B. Definitely confusing.

The website says $3 a night for nights not staying there and they offer a shuttle to the airport.

OK, yes, I have heard of that and true, a bit confusing because there is also . . .

MARGARTA'S GUEST HOUSE

http://margaritaguesthouse.blogspot.com/

. . . In La Giralda de Alajuela which also is very close to the airport.

Margatita's rates are considerably lower than the place at the link you sent and I'm sure a person could arrange to leave a car there, too, while traveling.

I visited Margarita's to check it out and found it very nice and that her food was quite good. I recommended it to another Forums member recently and am hoping that she will write us a followup when she stays there on her way out of the country.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

we have decided to stay at the place she posted the first link, It looks sorta like our home and property, very pretty. and think 3.00 a day parking is great and our car will be more secure. Looking forward to staying there. I will post up when we do with a FULL report!! :) Thank you again my friends. ARCR rocks as usual.

Edited by luv2fish