• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
TicoGrande

We now have a Spell Checker!

TicoGrande    0

Tonight I added a Spell Check feature that can be used when you Post a message or Reply to an existing message. You will now see a little box just below and to the left of the area in which you write your message.

I did this for two reasons!

First, I was bored and didn't want to work on anything productive.

Second, Ryan Piercy desperately NEEDS a spell checker for when he Posts or Replies to you Members... He is clearly the most spelling challenged person I know... so here ya go Ry... Merry Christmas a tad early!

Try it out folks and let me know if you like it.

TG

A couple of caveats!

First, you may need to wait a moment or two for the pop-up window to fill with your text. This depends on your connection speed.

Second, JavaScript must be enabled in your browser. (Most are by default).

Third, it does NOT correct Topic Title or Topic Description, so Ryan STILL has room to err. :)

Fourth, I may need to add a table of smilies so they don't get flagged as misspelled words. I may do that tonight... or I may go watch TV!

TiaMia    0

:( I hate the word "newbie", but your sense of humor is refreshing and fun. Your site is absolutely terrific, well laid out and easy to use. That is good for a newbie that isn't real computer brilliant. I look forward to visiting your country in November. Congratulations and best wishes. Sue

:(

Tonight I added a Spell Check feature that can be used when you Post a message or Reply to an existing message.  You will now see a little box just below and to the left of the area in which you write your message.  

I did this for two reasons!    

First, I was bored and didn't want to work on anything productive.    

Second, Ryan Piercy desperately NEEDS a spell checker for when he Posts or Replies to you Members...   He is clearly the most spelling challenged person I know... so here ya go Ry... Merry Christmas a tad early!    

Try it out folks and let me know if you like it.   

TG 

A couple of caveats! 

First, you may need to wait a moment or two for the pop-up window to fill with your text.  This depends on your connection speed. 

Second, JavaScript must be enabled in your browser. (Most are by default).

Third, it does NOT correct Topic Title or Topic Description, so Ryan STILL has room to err. :)

Fourth, I may need to add a table of smilies so they don't get flagged as misspelled words.  I may do that tonight... or I may go watch TV!

Edited by TiaMia

endrick    0

one more: just discovered the " quick sign in" top right. was it always there? in any event, it's great.

what about the "reply", no matter which button I use, I get the "quoted text" and have to manually delete it. I feel this is a waste of server space.

Endrick

curahee    0

Hey Ryan,

I like it and you seem to be doing much betterer. Somehow this new speel chucker doesn't do much to hide your Canadian accent. eh?

Anyway...Congrats..hope all are doing fine!

JV