Epicatt2

ARCR FIRST FRIDAY LUNCHEON on MAY 6th . . .

The ARCR FIRST FRIDAY LUNCHEON for May will be held on May 6th at

Jalapeños Central in downtown Alajuela.

Normally ten or more members show up for our First Friday Luncheons in San José, but due to the small size of the Alajuela restaurant and that it is in Alajuela this month that number may be smaller. And because the restaurant is on the cosy side we were requested by the owner to please hold our reservation to 16 people, which is half of the restaurant.

NOTE: We will be accepting RSVPs only from ARCR members first, up thru

Wednesday April 27th. After that date, if spaces still remain, others are

welcome to RSVP, starting on the 28th.

ARCR members may RSVP to me starting now -off-list please- at:

stanhopi [at] gmail [dot] com

or by phone to 2440-3731 (There is an answering machine if I'm not in.)

please leave your name, how many in your party, and a contact phone number.

(My maid, Mavis, will diligently jot down your message for me if I'm not in.)

Starting April 28th, Thursday, non-ARCR members may also RVSP for

any of the remaining spaces.

Jalapeños' owner, Norman, will be cooking up his tasty renditions of Tex-Mex victuals for us so get your RSVPs in asap to me and don't miss out. He will also be fixing a little something special for our group that is not on the menu. The restaurant opens at 11:30 a.m. and is 50 meters south of the Post Office in Alajuela Centro.

Further directions are available from me. Should you need them, please ask when you make your RSVP.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Hi Paul,

I'm so happy to hear that the menu sounds so appetizing. And as you said:

Norman, will be cooking up his tasty renditions of Tex-Mex victuals for us so get your RSVPs in asap to me and don't miss out. He will also be fixing a little something special for our group that is not on the menu. The restaurant opens at 11:30 a.m. and is 50 meters south of the Post Office in Alajuela Centro.

Following this astronomical delight, will the absolutely shamefully performance of the website for the past six months be on the menu? If not, what of any importance could we possibly want to discuss?

Sorry Paul, I had to say this. You DO a great service.

Thanks

Jim

Following this astronomical delight, will the absolutely shamefully performance of the website for the past six months be on the menu? If not, what of any importance could we possibly want to discuss?

What could we discuss???

Well desert, Jim, of course! (Try the pecan pie or the chocolate mousse cake.)

Paul M.

==

Just an update on the FFL for May 6th . . .

Of the sixteen available spaces about half of them are now taken; thank you for the nice response.

RSVPs are currently available only for ARCR Members until next Wednesday at which time which any remaining spaces will be made available to anyone.

We have done this for two reasons: 1) so that ARCR Members can have first choice due to the limited space and; 2) so that ARCR Members on the west side of the Central Valley who want to attend won't have so far to travel.

For these reasons we are requesting this time, please, that members make a reservation. You may contact me or Ryan to make yours.

I can be reached at:

stanhopi [at] aol [dot] com

or by phone at:

2440-3731 in Alajuela. (There is an answering machine if I happen to be out.)

Hope you can join us for the Luncheon. It's always fun.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

One further note . . .

Apparently there was a SNAFU with my answering machine as someone just advised me that they called and it never picked up.

The answering machine is now back in operation, so if you called to leave a name and phone number for a reservation, please try again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reservations for ARCR members thru Wed. the 27th, and after then, everyone else, as available...

I can be reached at:

or by phone at:

Please leave your name, how many in party and a callback number.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Latest May FFL update . . .

Reservations are moving along nicely. Thanx for your RSVPs.

We currently have only 5 places left.

Reservations for ARCR members thru Wed. the 27th, and after then, everyone else, as available...

I can be reached at:

or by phone at:

Please leave your name, how many in party and a callback number.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

FINAL UPDATE INFO - APRIL 28, 2011 . . .

We now have all sixteen (16) spaces booked for the FLL at Jalapeños Central in Alajuela and unfortunately can accept no more reservations for it.

Thanks to all the ARCR Members who made reservations.

There will be plenty of space for the JUNE FLL in San José at BESOS Restaurant in Sabana Sur. Watch for that announcement upcoming soon.

¡Pura Vida!

Paul M.

Forums Moderator

==

AND ONE LAST UPDATE INFO - APRIL 29, 2011 . . .

With all sixteen (16) spaces booked for the FLL at Jalapeños Central in Alajuela (HooRay!), today I found an unexpected notice posted over on CRL from Allen Dickenson who usually promotes the FFLs each month.

He announced that there will be an 'auxiliary' FLL at the usual place, BESOS Restaurant at Sabana Sur in San José. It does not replace the Alajuela FFL at Jalapeños but will be so that anyone who either did not want to drive to Alajuela or would rather have a broader menu selection would have an option this month, especially since there was limited seating at Jalapeños.

So I hope everyone else who wanted to will get to nosh and hobnob with some other ARCR Members in San José.

Meanwhile I will be looking forward to meeting a number of you in Alajuela whom I have not met before.

¡Pura Vida!

Paul M.

Forums Moderator & FLL Factotum

==

AND ONE LAST UPDATE INFO - APRIL 29, 2011 . . .

With all sixteen (16) spaces booked for the FLL at Jalapeños Central in Alajuela (HooRay!), today I found an unexpected notice posted over on CRL from Allen Dickenson who usually promotes the FFLs each month.

He announced that there will be an 'auxiliary' FLL at the usual place, BESOS Restaurant at Sabana Sur in San José. It does not replace the Alajuela FFL at Jalapeños but will be so that anyone who either did not want to drive to Alajuela or would rather have a broader menu selection would have an option this month, especially since there was limited seating at Jalapeños.

So I hope everyone else who wanted to will get to nosh and hobnob with some other ARCR Members in San José.

Meanwhile I will be looking forward to meeting a number of you in Alajuela whom I have not met before.

¡Pura Vida!

Paul M.

Forums Moderator & FLL Factotum

==

Paul, may I recommend starting a new thread to announce this alternative first Friday luncheon? Those who have read that the luncheon at Jalapeños is full won't be continuing to read this thread. Why did I? I have no idea. lol However, I think a brand new announcement might be in order.

See you next Friday.

Shea

I enjoyed the luncheon. Nice to finally meet you, Paul! I think there were six of us there from Atenas, which was a surprise. Good food, good service. Ryan, thanks for the nachos!

I realized afterward that I didn't get to meet the others. We should have all stood up and introduced ourselves. Do you ever do that at these events?

I enjoyed the luncheon. Nice to finally meet you, Paul! I think there were six of us there from Atenas, which was a surprise. Good food, good service. Ryan, thanks for the nachos!

Equally pleased to finally meet you, too, Shea. I enjoyed visiting with you. We had about ten or eleven of the original 19 (which was actually 3 in excess of the 16 limit) to actually show up.

Two ARCR members who confirmed showed up on Thursday! I went over that day and visited with them for awhile.

[sorry to not reply sooner but I've been having hellacious internet droping-out problems. Tech was by and checked the landlady's router and it seems to be much of the problem cuz it's so old. Now to try and convince her to get a new one.]

I realized afterward that I didn't get to meet the others. We should have all stood up and introduced ourselves. Do you ever do that at these events?

Sometimes, if the seating is such that it is easy to do we'll make intros. But since folks usually drift in gradually often we do not bother. We just kinda introduce ourselves to our nearby seatmates as is practical.

I might arrange for another one of these FFLs in the Fall, maybe further west, like in La Garita where there are places that can accommodate larger numbers.

But Shea, if we tried to do one say, in Atenas at Alida's, do you think there are enough ARCR members who'd want to come to a First Friday Luncheon from around that area to make it worth while? And without the seating constraints it wouldn't have to be limited to only ARCR members. What do you think?

I'm also encouraging a member on the east side of San José or San Pedro or Curridabat to put one together over there for members who live out that way. There have to be some nice places to eat on that side of the capital that can accommodate 15 or 20 people and give us separate checks. Anyway, just a thought for the future...

Cheers!

Paul M.

==