• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership.   Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate forum.   Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum.   Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
JimLosYoses

Seth Speaks Metaphysical Discussion

15 posts in this topic

I'm looking for partners in exploring metaphysical topics. I hope we can meet both online and, at times, in person. I will serve as facilitator of the group; I am not an official forum moderator. I cannot delete forum entries. Although the format of the discussion will likely evolve over time, initially we will go through Seth Speaks - The Eternal Validity of the Soul by Jane Robers - topic-by-topic. I will not begin the discussion until someone other than me posts to this topic. I have lived in Los Yoses, San Pedro, CR since 2007.

I'm too busy preparing for the mother ship arrival to help. Good luck.

I'm a bit of an engineer/geek. Please forgive my weaknesses. The concept of absolutes (i.e. Metaphysics "must" be wrong) has always put up a red flag for me:

FROM: http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/gengloss/metaph-body.html

Metaphysics:

Derived from the Greek meta ta physika ("after the things of nature"); referring to an idea, doctrine, or posited reality outside of human sense perception. In modern philosophical terminology, metaphysics refers to the studies of what cannot be reached through objective studies of material reality.

I graduated as an electrical engineer in 1978. Even then there were real questions in the physics community about there only being one "universe." Recent work has shown that we can pull mass/energy from "somewhere else."

Let's not criticize what we do not understand or maybe, do not comprehend.

Have fun Seth!

Jim

Edited by jjlen53

Peddle somewhere else!

Gentle Forums Members,

Please keep in mind that this is the Open Forum where non-Costa Rica topics may be discussed.

If you don't care for a particular discussion don't contribute, it's that simple.

Let's please remain civil towards one another, in any event.

I'm sure that's enough said for now.

Regards,

Paul M.

==

I'm looking for partners in exploring metaphysical topics. I hope we can meet both online and, at times, in person. I will serve as facilitator of the group; I am not an official forum moderator. I cannot delete forum entries. Although the format of the discussion will likely evolve over time, initially we will go through Seth Speaks - The Eternal Validity of the Soul by Jane Robers - topic-by-topic. I will not begin the discussion until someone other than me posts to this topic. I have lived in Los Yoses, San Pedro, CR since 2007.

I'll send you a PM with a suggestion. Good luck with your group.

Thanks, Shea. All suggestions are welcome.

Sorry I haven't sent the message. Can't see how to do it. Can someone help?

I am curious - can you tell us a little bit about Seth Speaks?

There are many ways to explore who we are. I find many approaches to be personally helpful. For me , the Seth books have been the most helpful. I bought my first Seth book in the middle 80's. I opened it, read a little, said "this is not for me" and put it on the bookshelf. I felt uncomfortable, confused and a little afraid of the material. Instead, I spent months studying Tertium Organum by P. D. Ouspensky. This was an exhilarating experience. I then picked up the Seth book again, about one year after my first attempt to read it. I discovered that it no longer frightened me. In fact, I could not put it down. I then proceeded to read all of the other Seth books available. It took a very long time. I can only read a few pages at a time ... sometimes only a few paragraphs ... even now. Each sentence starts a cascade of thought in me. This makes the reading experience very slow, but very rich.

The Seth material was channeled by a woman named Jane Roberts. Dictation was taken by her husband, Robert Butts. This happened mostly in the 70's in Elmira, New York. The material presents explanations of just about every aspect of our experience in life, as we know it. It discusses the nature of consciousness, experience, reality, dreaming, illness, concurrent lives, perception ... and a great deal more.

I have some audio recordings of the original sessions in mp3 format.

To find out more, I suggest Googling "The Seth Material". There are a lot of web sites with lots of material. I have two of the books in electronic form as well as in conventional paper book form. I have not yet been able to verify that the eBook versions are legal. They may be stolen. Since I have bought all the books, some of them several times, I do not feel guilty having them in a form I can use on my Kindle, but I will not share them with others until I know if they honor the copyrights of the publisher.

Edited by JimLosYoses

I am making this post just to indicate that this thread is still 'live'. I have established a closely related group of 6 members, including myself. However, except for me, none of the members are in Costa Rica. Members do not need to speak English; however, I only speak English and Spanish. If your language is yet another, you will want to bring others to the group who speak your language. Namaste.

Sorry I haven't sent the message. Can't see how to do it. Can someone help?

Shea, look to the left, under on of Jims posts, there should be a little letter icon, click that.

Shea, look to the left, under on of Jims posts, there should be a little letter icon, click that.

Please forgive my sense of humor...

We want to talk metaphysics, but can't figure out how to send a PM? No insult (I had to google "metaphysics" when this discussion started) intended, but that's funny!

(A different) Jim

Please forgive my sense of humor...

We want to talk metaphysics, but can't figure out how to send a PM? No insult (I had to google "metaphysics" when this discussion started) intended, but that's funny!

(A different) Jim

It's because I'm above all that practical stuff. Kind of like Einstein never memorizing his phone number because he didn't want to clutter his brain. He said if he needed to know it he could look it up. In my case, If I need to know it I can ask someone.

I've known about metaphysics a lot longer than I've known about forum PMs. lol

Edited by Shea

TO SEND A PM TO ANOTHER FORUMS MEMBER . . .

In any post click on the poster's name in bold letters at the upper left side of the post.

The poster's profile window will open.

From the left sidebar menu click on, "Send me a message".

A blank message window will appear.

Type a subject and a message and click 'send' and then 'OK'.

That's all there is to it.

HTH

Paul M.

==

TO SEND A PM TO ANOTHER FORUMS MEMBER . . .

In any post click on the poster's name in bold letters at the upper left side of the post.

The poster's profile window will open.

From the left sidebar menu click on, "Send me a message".

A blank message window will appear.

Type a subject and a message and click 'send' and then 'OK'.

That's all there is to it.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Thanks, Paul. I had done it before but forgot, and it's certainly not intuitive. I just hope I remember next time I want to do it! lol