I have noticed since the election of President Obama that there has been a rapid increase of minority pictures in the press. I have no problem at all with this as I am a member of a minority group myself. I wonder what the face of America will look like when the first Spanish or Oriental is elected to the White House. I can only wonder what would happen if years from now some civilization discovered remnants of Obama Culture. What a piture they would paint of our country. Maybe I am thinking too much again. I was watching TV last evening, this is not a recommendation. The narator was saying that a room was found that the floor was composed of straw. As differnet groups inhabited the room they left a picture of what society was like at that time. Now I am really thinking could this ever be right or near right. Can you learn about what Americans or any group is like from a single snap shot. Hope some civilization never finds my favorites and makes any assumptions about people leaving the States or the worshipers of plastic worms, I am a bass fisherman and have purchased literally thousands of plastic worms and miles of fishing line. What would they learn from my purchases at auction or the flea market. I wonder myself when I come across some of the things I purchasd.

Just Thinking, not intended to upset anyone.

Ed

I have prided myself in that I tried to only watch the better part of TV if that can be said.Another example from the new recently. There was a debate about wheter a skull recently found was part of the evolutionary link that science had been unable to find.Two things right away they say evolution happened and here is this proff. Whatever your personal belief about evolution my experience is you believe and find reasons to support what you believe and not the other way around. Example examining the evidence and coming to decison. How do you know anything. I met a beautiful girl once. Year later I realized that she was not so beautiful just kind to a backward uninformed young man,me. I think the older I get the less I am sure about anything.I may be paranoid, "but that does not mean that people are not out to get me". Media when framing any picture for you be aware. One of the most destabiilizing parts of our society is the free press. I felt from my limited knowledge of how journalism was supposed to work that accuracy played a major part. It appears that whatever will sell is much more important. I still am trying to figure out why all the minorities in publications that other groups own and pay for is all about. There has got to be an angle that is not in anyones best interest.

Ed

Very well stated. I think another fresh example of the universe as you picture it is what is happening in Washington with the budget. At 6 years old we gave our oldest daughter $20.00 to spend for Christmas. She was able to deterine that she could not have all the things she saw in Roses. She made a choice of afew things instead of only one thing. You would think in Washington where the brightest minds in the country are gathered they could figure out that we cannot purchase everything and make some choices. The great speeches make a good dog and pony show but not a lot else is accomplished. Sir Wisston is credited with saying ' you can count on America to do the right thing when all else fails" I think we are about at that point.