As an avid reader but not interested in being part of a book club, I wonder how you are going to exchange your books if you all buy the same one.... :rolleyes:

Hi All,

People in this thread seem confused about my suggestion to inquire at Kay's after anyone interested in forming a book club when SIS (SID?) asked.

I suggested asking at Kay's ONLY because lots of gringos patronize the place, not necessarily to form a book club at or in Kay's or obtain or exchange books at Kay's. Merely as a place to contact interested parties in that area who might be interested in joining/forming a book club..

Hope this at last clarifies my input.

And CRF, your point is well taken, too. I fall into a similar group of avid readers, and one in particular likes to read physical books that fall onto my lap or the floor, waking me up, if I drift into napland.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

They are a bakery, a restaurant, and an English language library, but not a book club. Anyone interested in starting a book club?

Sid

Did you read my original post? I did not say there was a book club at Kay's. I mentioned Kay's as a source of information, since a lot of expats hang out there. I was at Kay's when I talked to the person who told me THERE IS a long-standing book club in Atenas that I didn't know about. I'm sure I mentioned that in my original post. If you are not interested in joining a book club that already exists, maybe you could talk to some of the members to get answers to some of the questions that have been asked about availability of books, etc. They might have suggestions to keep you from reinventing the wheel.

Kay or someone at Kay's might be able to direct you to someone who belongs to the book club. It's a possible resource.

Did this ever come to fruition? Has a book club been formed and/or is the one in Atenas still going? I am interested in joining or helping to form a book club. Perhaps we could discuss online as well as face-to-face book discussions as travel can be a huge factor in CR. I am on the Pacific coast myself.

Did this ever come to fruition? Has a book club been formed and/or is the one in Atenas still going? I am interested in joining or helping to form a book club. Perhaps we could discuss online as well as face-to-face book discussions as travel can be a huge factor in CR. I am on the Pacific coast myself.

You might try asking at Kay's to find out if the Atenas book club still exists. it hasn't been very long since I heard it mentioned. Maybe Kay can give you a contact name and number so you can call for more information.