Hello to all,

Has anyone here ever shipped something (big items) from Sarchi to the USA? And how did it go? Any problems?

Missy

Has anyone here ever shipped something (big items) from Sarchi to the USA? And how did it go? Any problems?

Hi Missy,

Many of the furniture factories in Sarchí seem to be set up to ship things to the States and elsewhere.

Often the larger pieces are designed to break down and pack compactly to box up and ship.

You will just need to ask around in Sarchí when you go there for a place that will do that for you.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Hi Missy,

Many of the furniture factories in Sarchí seem to be set up to ship things to the States and elsewhere.

Often the larger pieces are designed to break down and pack compactly to box up and ship.

You will just need to ask around in Sarchí when you go there for a place that will do that for you.

HTH

Paul M.

==

I know the factories in Sarchí ship the folding leather and wood rocking chairs. They package them and take care of the whole process. The chairs are a popular tourist souvenir.

If you are not buying Sarchi furniture to have shipped to the US, or maybe even if you are, you could contact Charles Zeller or any of the other forum recommended shippers. They can ship TO the US as well as FROM the US.

I know the factories in Sarchí ship the folding leather and wood rocking chairs. They package them and take care of the whole process. The chairs are a popular tourist souvenir.

But, Shea, the talleres also will break down and pack things like dining room table and chairs sets, so not just touristic rocking chair thingies.

PM

==

Thank you Shea,

And all the other replys, I was thinking about the rocking chairs for family back home.Nice day to take a ride!!!!!!

Missy

But, Shea, the talleres also will break down and pack things like dining room table and chairs sets, so not just touristic rocking chair thingies.

PM

==

I'm sure they do. I'm just reporting the things I know personally about (albeit second-hand because I was with a friend who bought and shipped some rocking chairs), and attempting to infer that if they do the rockers they probably do other stuff, too. Sorry I didn't explain it better.

Since we're somewhat on the subject, does anyone know if someone in the U.S. can order these rockers online? Might be worth investigating if you don't want to go the shipping route. Oh, yeah, I should be more specific: if you don't want to go through the hassle of going to Sarchi or another seller and buying it, then arranging for shipment.

Google "Sarchi rocking chairs" and I think you'll find a link to the factory. From there, I think you can order online for U.S. delivery.

David,

I tried that and the only link I found that wasn't a discussion group talking about sending these rockers back home to the US, was at this link:

http://www.simesacr.com/Default.aspx?OptionID=30

but the chairs offered at that site seem to be about double the price (tho I may be out of date on this) of those bought in Sarchí and I couldn't tell if those prices included shipping, tho I think prolly not.

Sounds like if there it time it would be cheaper to do a daytrip to Sarchí and make the arrangements for having a chair sent to the US for you by one of the talleres.

I remember visiting Sarchí with a friend several years ago and she bought some wood carvings, etc., in one store there and they volunteered, asking whether she would like them to ship her purchases back to the US.

Just FWIW . . .

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Check around and bargain.

There is a great difference in the price quoted and the real price of the Rockers.

If you are looking to ship quality furniture check out Cecilia's.

She uses only 100% kiln dried wood.

Fabulous stuff and great to work with.

Fluent English spoken.

If you are driving from Grecia she is on your right past the Carretas and the x emas.

closed Monday

email: ticaceci@yahoo.com

We left a rocking chair in its original box and brought it as checked luggage on the plane flight back to the US.

How much did they charge you for that box?

I already shipped a couple out last week. I was planning a trip to North Carolina this summer (if the prices go down) to visit with my Step-son and his wife and kids I wanted to bring them a Rocking chair.I noticed you are from NC also.

My step daughter in-law is a Costa Rican born and raised. He is also but born and raised in USA. What a small world.

Missy

Edited by missy