Oh-oh... I didn't aske for diesel!

Late Saturday afternoon we fueled up just outside of Naranjo, before heading back to Guanacaste with a truck full of ceramic tiles. First going downhill then as soon as my husband tried to go uphill, he said 'I think we have been given bad gas' Then it was 'no...they filled the tank with diesel'(I won't write the other words) :o !

We stopped a tow truck, who returned us to the gas station, where of course they checked it out. By now the mechanics had left for the night, but the manager called in the head mechanic, who would work on it for a few hours. Luckily we were not far from our friends home, so they came and took us to their home for the night. Sunday morning, hubby returned after they said 'everything seemed OK' but, no, but during a test run it was obvious the problem wasn't solved and the tow trucked was again required. So the manager, loaned us his wife's SUV to return home. Last night they phoned and said now everything was fine so they would drive the three hours and meet my husband part-way to make the trade. This time, it was good.

So although this mistake was made, we were pleased with the service by the personnel at the gas station. They did pay the tow truck expenses and offered to pay for our overnight accommodation and meals, which we didn't accept.

Same thing happened to a Tico friend of ours and they took good care of him, too.

Late Saturday afternoon we fueled up just outside of Naranjo, before heading back to Guanacaste with a truck full of ceramic tiles. First going downhill then as soon as my husband tried to go uphill, he said 'I think we have been given bad gas' Then it was 'no...they filled the tank with diesel'(I won't write the other words) :o !

We stopped a tow truck, who returned us to the gas station, where of course they checked it out. By now the mechanics had left for the night, but the manager called in the head mechanic, who would work on it for a few hours. Luckily we were not far from our friends home, so they came and took us to their home for the night. Sunday morning, hubby returned after they said 'everything seemed OK' but, no, but during a test run it was obvious the problem wasn't solved and the tow trucked was again required. So the manager, loaned us his wife's SUV to return home. Last night they phoned and said now everything was fine so they would drive the three hours and meet my husband part-way to make the trade. This time, it was good.

So although this mistake was made, we were pleased with the service by the personnel at the gas station. They did pay the tow truck expenses and offered to pay for our overnight accommodation and meals, which we didn't accept.