That's an interesting question. I've been here 18mo and fished several places, mostly offshore/nearshore, never considered whether or not a fishing license is needed here. Look forward to seeing replies from those who have purchased a license and how much it cost.

That's an interesting question. I've been here 18mo and fished several places, mostly offshore/nearshore, never considered whether or not a fishing license is needed here. Look forward to seeing replies from those who have purchased a license and how much it cost.

I just read something on one of the fishing sites and it says to purchase a fishing permit at Banco Nacional. I'm going to look into it.

Missy

I was told that you could purchase the license from the Agricuture Ministry in San Jose. I was never able to get to the correct office at the right time. You do need a license. I fished on private land and was told by the property owner that I did not need the license. If you are going with a guide the license is usually included in the fee as I have been told. Good luck hope you let us know what you catch.

Ed

I just read something on one of the fishing sites and it says to purchase a fishing permit at Banco Nacional. I'm going to look into it.

Missy,

It's amazing what one can do at Banco Nacional!

You pay your traffic fines there.

And it's also where you can collect your winnings for Chances and the loteria.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==