Help! I jumped on the scale this morning and did not like what I saw :huh: Since December 01,2010 I gained 2 Kilos when I needed to drop 10 and would like to know what you guys are doing(if anything) to keep your craving for food and drink under control during this holiday season? I am married to a TIKA and we are getting more than our fare share of tamales, cakes, and other Costa Rican goodies.

Rick

Edited by tibas9

I haven't gained any weight either up until today, but all I can say after today''s Christmas feast is "OINK!

If you go back to your normal diet after the holidays are over, you will probably lose what you gained after a while. One would think anyway

These Americans don't know what their missing... :rolleyes:

Well CRF, they look and sound to be perfectly evil!

I'll stick to my Rum Raisin Brownies for the time being, but will let you know if I weaken and try making a batch of the NBs.

¡Pura Panela!

Paul M.

==

Hi Tibas -

In all seriousness, if you switch to drinking only water, you will find it a lot easier to drop the Navidad kilos. It's an easy and simple thing to do (and better for your teeth, without all that sugar). :ph34r:

Now to take my own advice...

Julie

Hi Tibas -

In all seriousness, if you switch to drinking only water, you will find it a lot easier to drop the Navidad kilos. It's an easy and simple thing to do (and better for your teeth, without all that sugar). :ph34r:

Now to take my own advice...

Julie

Julie: Are you recommending ONLY drinking water in place of my 3 plus square-meals-a-day? Oh, I started cutting back at my breakfast this morning by not putting any butter on my hash brown potatoes and I bought a new weighing scale yesterday which reads 1 Kilo LESS than my old scale ;)

Rick

Edited by tibas9

Julie: Are you recommending ONLY drinking water in place of my 3 plus square-meals-a-day? Oh, I started cutting back at my breakfast this morning by not putting any butter on my hash brown potatoes and I bought a new weighing scale yesterday which reads 1 Kilo LESS than my old scale ;)

Rick

Did better than you. My scale reads 2 kilo less. Invited to a Tico NY BBQ so the scale will be helpful. Ha!

LOL - yes, definitely, only drink water, take no other sustenance!

Of course, you can also throw out your scale - that would solve everything, yes?

Oh, Nanaimo Bars!!! I love 'em and they were invented here in British Columbia and I don't care what the rest of Canada claims - 'tis true.

Serve Nanaimo bars ...they have no hidden calories :lol: