Why do other topics disappear?

Lately, I have found that when I am replying to a topic and I post all the other items have disappeared. I know I don't type that fast and maybe Anno Domini is catching up with me but, this morning I went to respond and the darned phone rang. Posted the reply and everything else was gone.

Anyone else getting a little slow or is there a way of retaining the posts until I am finished?

I obviously didn't do this right.

What I mean is, when I 'view new content' and respond, often by the time I return to 'view new content' it has disappeared.

Edited by Kees&Ellen

Lately, I have found that when I am replying to a topic and I post all the other items have disappeared. I know I don't type that fast and maybe Anno Domini is catching up with me but, this morning I went to respond and the darned phone rang. Posted the reply and everything else was gone.

Anyone else getting a little slow or is there a way of retaining the posts until I am finished?

I obviously didn't do this right.

What I mean is, when I 'view new content' and respond, often by the time I return to 'view new content' it has disappeared.

Hi Ellen,

I had that problem for awhile at first when I started using the Forums. Eventually I learned that by using my browser's 'back arrow' once I was done responding to a message, even if I had left it sit for a long time, using the 'back arrow' took me to the previous page. On my Mac I click on and hold the 'back arrow' button which opens a drop-down menu of the previous pages I've just had open. Click on the most recent 'New Content' option in the drop-down menu and it will take you back to the message page as it was when you left it.

After I have read all the most recent messages for the listed topics, I then click on 'View New Content' near the top right, next to 'Forums Rules and Guidelines' and that refreshes the message list showing any new topics or replies. The icons on the left for the topics are grayed out if you're read them and are bright if they are new since you last visited the page.

One last option is to click on the 'Forums' tab near the top center of the page. Then scroll down to near the bottom of that page and click on "Today's active content" in the narrow blue divider bar there. It will open all the active messages for the day.

That's maybe more than you wanted to know but one of those options should resolve your dilemma.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Hi Ellen,

I had that problem for awhile at first when I started using the Forums. Eventually I learned that by using my browser's 'back arrow' once I was done responding to a message, even if I had left it sit for a long time, using the 'back arrow' took me to the previous page. On my Mac I click on and hold the 'back arrow' button which opens a drop-down menu of the previous pages I've just had open. Click on the most recent 'New Content' option in the drop-down menu and it will take you back to the message page as it was when you left it.

After I have read all the most recent messages for the listed topics, I then click on 'View New Content' near the top right, next to 'Forums Rules and Guidelines' and that refreshes the message list showing any new topics or replies. The icons on the left for the topics are grayed out if you're read them and are bright if they are new since you last visited the page.

One last option is to click on the 'Forums' tab near the top center of the page. Then scroll down to near the bottom of that page and click on "Today's active content" in the narrow blue divider bar there. It will open all the active messages for the day.

That's maybe more than you wanted to know but one of those options should resolve your dilemma.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Thank you

That sounds like the information I was looking for.

It is a programming situation that I couldn't seem to get a handle on.

It didn't happen everytime only, when I suffered some verbal diarhea or get called away

Thank you

Ellen