Chariotdriver

Need help in translating website to English

I need to see if anyone can help with a website or software that would convert a website that is in Spanish into English.

I looked online but did not find one that would easily work and thought that someone here has already stumbled on the details.

The site has buttons or links that have text on them that I need to know which ones to press to make it to a new page, and repeat. For this reason I do not think a text translator would work since I would have to

create numerous, possibly hundreds of translations to see which ones apply to me.

Thanks for any help,

Phil

translate.google.com

Cut and paste the URL into the translate window and select Spanish to English.

Very easy, not always 100% accurate but usually close enough.

There are also browsers that will translate for you but if you are not already using one of them then Google translate will be very easy for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am trying to navigate the Banco Nacional website and am able to get the first page to translate but after that the links are too long to work, or at least that is what I think the problem is.

As a side comment, and I know that they are not required to do this, but why would they not create a English site to make it easier for their English speaking/reading customers to navigate and use the site?

Also does anyone know how often funds can be transferred between 2 account, as in I need to move funds from a dollar account into a colones account, and back and forth etc.

Is it once a day, several times a day, ?

I'm in the USA currently and need to move some money back and forth and am stuck with the translation and may just need to get someone here locally to try to walk me through it.

Thanks for the input and ideas,..

Phil

You can transfer between accounts as many times as you wish on any given day.

I am trying to navigate the Banco Nacional website and am able to get the first page to translate but after that the links are too long to work, or at least that is what I think the problem is.

As a side comment, and I know that they are not required to do this, but why would they not create a English site to make it easier for their English speaking/reading customers to navigate and use the site?

Also does anyone know how often funds can be transferred between 2 account, as in I need to move funds from a dollar account into a colones account, and back and forth etc.

I'm in the USA currently and need to move some money back and forth and am stuck with the translation and may just need to get someone here locally to try to walk me through it.

Phil

Phil

CD: Try installing the Google Toolbar, it comes with an auto-translate function, so you don't have to copy & paste to the Google Translate page.

Or try the Google Chrome browser. It does the same thing.

BUT: After the main sign-in screen, the BN web pages are HTTPS secure/encrypted, and they will not be translated because they would have to be re-directed thru Google, and this is prevented. Its for your own security so someone can't steal your banking info.

AFAIK you can transfer between accounts as many times as you want, but why would you need or want to make more than few a month? We usually make one big one from our $ to our C account at the beginning of the month to pay our bills, and then one or two smaller ones towards the end of the month if we run short.

Anyway, hope this helps, Dana

BUT: After the main sign-in screen, the BN web pages are HTTPS secure/encrypted, and they will not be translated because they would have to be re-directed thru Google, and this is prevented. Its for your own security so someone can't steal your banking info.

While the BN pages are 'https' and blocked from using in an insecure translator online, I suspect tha there is nothing to prevent someone who has opened one of those pages from highlighting and copying parts of the text and pasting it into a translator that is open in a separate window.

While this may be a bit clumsy, it should solve the problem. But keep in mind that the open BN page may log you out if you spend too much time reading the translated text and leaving the original page/window inactive.

Just some thoughts.

HTH

Paul M.

==

CD: Try installing the Google Toolbar, it comes with an auto-translate function, so you don't have to copy & paste to the Google Translate page.

Or try the Google Chrome browser. It does the same thing.

AFAIK you can transfer between accounts as many times as you want, but why would you need or want to make more than few a month? We usually make one big one from our $ to our C account at the beginning of the month to pay our bills, and then one or two smaller ones towards the end of the month if we run short.

Anyway, hope this helps, Dana

I have to convert x number of dollars prior to the end of my first year being a Temp Resident.

My residency was approved in Nov of last year so I'm thinking that I need to transfer the 36,000 prior to Nov starting so that gives approx 25 days to do so.

I have x in the Banco Nacional accounts and that amount would need to be moved back and forth several times to make that amount work out.

OK folks, any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. We have $ and Colone accounts at BN. I have been able to transfer monies between the accounts online but am having a problem transferring monies from our BN account to a BCR account. It seems you have to set this BCR account up in your "Favorite Accounts" and when I try to set up the account to be credited in "Favorite Accounts" I get the following message.

"We can not process your request.

To avoid these problems you need to buy a token card or key in any authorized bank branches, it has a cost of 3.000.00 colones or 25 points can be redeemed online promotions in the 'Entertainment'. If you have an approved cell phone can also opt for the Mobile Token, this service is free. Www.bncr.fi.cr more details or call 2211-2000 for more information phone."

Does this type of transaction require a "Token Card???"...............Ray

Edited by roadrunnerray

Yes - now, to transfer money between your BN account and accounts at a bank other than BN, you need the card. It is a credit-card-size card that is basically a random-number generator, sync'd with a server, so it provides a level of security for accessing your account.

Edited by JulieH

Yes - now, to transfer money between your BN account and accounts at a bank other than BN, you need the card. It is a credit-card-size card that is basically a random-number generator, sync'd with a server, so it provides a level of security for accessing your account.

Thanks JulieH, is there a number on the card that I use to create the account in "Favorite Accounts" or how is this done? Do I need to go to a BN branch to get this card?............Ray

Edited by roadrunnerray

As far as I know, you have to go to BN to get the card. They will show you how to use it.

Hi Ray,

I just finished doing that at BN before I left CR two weeks ago . . .

What I had to get, Ray, was not actually a card, but a token and it was essentially a keychain fob, about half the size of a llave maya (thumb drive).

It is barcoded on the reverse and you have to sit down with a customer service rep at the plataforma in the bank to set it up and register it with your account.

Once your token is registered, you can use it anywhere online, either in CR or, like me, in Florida, out of the country.

The token generates a random number from a universe of numbers linked specifically to your particular registered token and you are prompted to enter one when you sign in to your account. You may sometimes even be asked to enter a second one from your token during the sign in process.

Mine seems to work OK without any problems or difficulties. Anyway, so far, so good!

It all seems confusing at first but I had the service rep at the bank walk me thru sign in several times while he explained what I needed to do at each step. I understand spanish well enough to 'get' what all he was teling me but I didn't quite have enough 'banking vocabulary' to be able to ask very detailed questions, tho he was very patient with me and and took the time to explain things until I did understand them.

Then, once your token is registered you can add 'favorites' to pay from your account, like your rent, etc. There are also options for paying your ICE phone and electric bills. (You just need the account number or phone number and for the electric, the bill 'address' or 'localización no.' or 'meter no.')

At BN keep in mind that you will prolly need someone who speaks spanish to interface with a service rep who speaks only spanish. At least that was what I found in Alajuela. But at the BN a block from ARCR in SJ there were service reps who spoke -or at least understood- english. Just don't count on getting someone who does speak or understand english.

Anyway, even without any, or much spanish, you will eventuall come to understand what the labels are on the dropdown menus online are for.

Keep at it. You'll be fine.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Hi Ray,

I just finished doing that at BN before I left CR two weeks ago . . .

What I had to get, Ray, was not actually a card, but a token and it was essentially a keychain fob, about half the size of a llave maya (thumb drive).

It is barcoded on the reverse and you have to sit down with a customer service rep at the plataforma in the bank to set it up and register it with your account.

Once your token is registered, you can use it anywhere online, either in CR or, like me, in Florida, out of the country.

The token generates a random number from a universe of numbers linked specifically to your particular registered token and you are prompted to enter one when you sign in to your account. You may sometimes even be asked to enter a second one from your token during the sign in process.

Mine seems to work OK without any problems or difficulties. Anyway, so far, so good!

It all seems confusing at first but I had the service rep at the bank walk me thru sign in several times while he explained what I needed to do at each step. I understand spanish well enough to 'get' what all he was teling me but I didn't quite have enough 'banking vocabulary' to be able to ask very detailed questions, tho he was very patient with me and and took the time to explain things until I did understand them.

Then, once your token is registered you can add 'favorites' to pay from your account, like your rent, etc. There are also options for paying your ICE phone and electric bills. (You just need the account number or phone number and for the electric, the bill 'address' or 'localización no.' or 'meter no.')

At BN keep in mind that you will prolly need someone who speaks spanish to interface with a service rep who speaks only spanish. At least that was what I found in Alajuela. But at the BN a block from ARCR in SJ there were service reps who spoke -or at least understood- english. Just don't count on getting someone who does speak or understand english.

Anyway, even without any, or much spanish, you will eventuall come to understand what the labels are on the dropdown menus online are for.

Keep at it. You'll be fine.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Many, many thanks Paul and Julie, don't know what I would do without the kind assistance rendered by all on this forum. Hope someday I will have the knowledge to assist others.

Paul, is this keychain fob plugged into the computer like a USB thumb drive or does it have a button you press that generates a number you input into the online banking system?..........Ray