Savannahjo

We PURCHASED, thanks for the members help!

Last week my wife and I closed on the most wonderful property we could have imagined in Uvita. I have been an active member of this site for a year now and want to thank everyone for the participation. The process was without any issue and I can attribute that to all the valuable infomraiton that is shared on this site! Great forum, we look forward to contributing more as we spend more time in CR, build out the lot and move to this wonderful country we love, cheers.....

Last week my wife and I closed on the most wonderful property we could have imagined in Uvita. I have been an active member of this site for a year now and want to thank everyone for the participation. The process was without any issue and I can attribute that to all the valuable infomraiton that is shared on this site! Great forum, we look forward to contributing more as we spend more time in CR, build out the lot and move to this wonderful country we love, cheers.....

Congrats!!

It took us 4 years and tons of time up and down the Pacific coast! We are in Los Suenos, just below Oxygen Jungle Villas. Let me know if I can return the favor wtih real estate agent suggestions, topographers, advisors, title insurance, pretty much anything you would need. We decided to pay a little extra and have everything done that could be and this is AFTER 4 years of study and a couple years just in this specific area. For us, the perfect place! Uvita has tons of water, views, land is out of the way but not by much with the news roads. If intested, let me know your email and I am happy to help so as not to look like I am advertising. Good luck!!

Hey Savannahjo,

I just noticed that you are from Golden, CO. So am I. I love Golden for the kayaking and the small town feel. I have been dreaming of my own place in CR for some time and my wife and I are getting really close to going for it. I only wish that Frontier Airlines flew that non-stop DEN/SJO route year-round.

Could you post a reference for your real estate attorney (assuming that you would recommend them)? If you don't want to post it could you PM it to me? Thanks!

Good luck on your new place!!!

Edited by turnando

It took us 4 years and tons of time up and down the Pacific coast! We are in Los Suenos, just below Oxygen Jungle Villas. Let me know if I can return the favor wtih real estate agent suggestions, topographers, advisors, title insurance, pretty much anything you would need. We decided to pay a little extra and have everything done that could be and this is AFTER 4 years of study and a couple years just in this specific area. For us, the perfect place! Uvita has tons of water, views, land is out of the way but not by much with the news roads. If intested, let me know your email and I am happy to help so as not to look like I am advertising. Good luck!!

Congratulations!! I am so envious. You sound exactly like us :) only we have not purchased yet. We are heading to Dominical Uvita area again in January. I am trying to understand all the procedures involved with purchasing real estate in costa rica but sometimes it can be overwhelming. I would really appreciate any information you could provide, as mentioned above. Thanks and have a great day!! My email address is mdpfeifer@kootenaywireless.com (hopefully I am allowed to display me email address)

Congratulations!! I am so envious. You sound exactly like us :) only we have not purchased yet. We are heading to Dominical Uvita area again in January. I am trying to understand all the procedures involved with purchasing real estate in costa rica but sometimes it can be overwhelming. I would really appreciate any information you could provide, as mentioned above. Thanks and have a great day!! My email address is mdpfeifer@kootenaywireless.com (hopefully I am allowed to display me email address)

Suggest you get a copy of A Legal Guide to Costa Rica by Roger A. Petersen. It is available through Amazon.com.

He updates this regularly.

Suggest you get a copy of A Legal Guide to Costa Rica by Roger A. Petersen. It is available through Amazon.com.

He updates this regularly.

Thank you. I will follow your advice :)

I agree with these comments 100%, we did all of this! I sent mdpfeifer a note directly about what options we wnet through to purchase, who, what, where more specific topics.

Net net, it does not need to be so confusing or scary. Take your time and connect yourself with great people like we did and the process will go smoothly......

That is some of the best advice anyone has offered yet. There are pitfalls in the Costa Rican legal system that no one from North America would even think to look for. Having Petersen's Guide handy is a godsend. Buy it, read the chapter titles, and skim the chapters that you think might apply to your circumstances. You needn't retain everything; just remember that you're read something about this matter or that and know where to look.

Thank you David

That was special.

Ellen