Do you know where these people are now?

They are in custody, as they should be.

It was all in 'AM Costa Rica' this past week. They were aprehended on the Rio San Juan by a Nicaraguan Boat Patrol and turned over to CR authorities.

For those who read spanish, it was also in La Nación, online.

The guy turned out to be from North Carolina (I think the lady, too) and IIRC were wanted for something there, as well.

There's prolly a movie in this, somewhere....

Regards,

Paul M.

==

Luckiliy these folk have surfaced:

''Well, that's a relief. I(Don Winner) just spoke to Allan Duckworth. He and Stacie are both alive and well. He was chilled to hear about the later exploits of Holbert and Reese. I had the story right, about the bar in Puerto Viejo and the general description of the story about how things went down. The Duckworth's actually went with Holbert and Reese to the Jaco area of Costa Rica where they lived for two months. In fact the Duckworths decided they needed to get away from Holbert and Reese because, according to Duckworth, Holbert was apparently trying to change his appearance to make himself look more like Allan. Their radars were working, they got worried and suspicious, and they got the hell away from those two. That probably saved their lives. In any case, they are fine (Thank God.)"

Copyright 2010 by Don Winner for Panama-Guide.com.

Edited by costaricafinca

I've read about this whole story in various places but was unable to answer a question put to me recently: How did law enforcement people start investigating this couple? Was it from the Duckworths? Maybe I just missed it .....

I've read about this whole story in various places but was unable to answer a question put to me recently: How did law enforcement people start investigating this couple? Was it from the Duckworths? Maybe I just missed it .....

ABC Nightline did a story about this earlier this week...

Evidently one lady in Bocas del Toro that disappeared had an ex-hubby who lived nearby and was still in close contact. After Wild Bill & Co. took over her "dream" property he became suspicious. He couldn't contact her and did not believe that she would simply leave her dream home. He contacted the police. That started the ball rolling.

Charges have now been made in Costa Rica against this couple.

Hello Costaricanfinca,

I was just wondering if you are still keeping up on the William "Wild Bill" Holbert story? Did you read the confession? I wonder what the police are doing here in CR and if they are still looking for more body's. I feel for the people and the family's of the people that lost their lives. But I also wonder what happen to the Bulldog that was left in Jaco and the two Rotties that traveled with them in Costa Rica. This will make for a very interesting Movie someday. I wonder if Don Winner will go visit him.

Missy

Missy, yes, I have kept up with all the updates, and left a comment regarding the 'confession' saying ... "in that it raises more questions than it answers.

And it doesn't seem that Costa Rica is doing anything in regards to other possible victims, at least that the public is aware of".

Panama-guide write that Dateline NBC will be airing a one hour special on the confessed serial killer William Dathan Holbert and his partner Laura Michelle Reese in Panama and Costa Rica. The program will be on this Friday, 22 October 2010, starting at 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Dateline will be a two hour program from 9:00 pm EST until 11:00 pm, and the "Wild Bill" segment will be the second hour of the program, from 10:00 pm EST

Wish I could watch it...

Panama-guide write that Dateline NBC will be airing a one hour special on the confessed serial killer William Dathan Holbert and his partner Laura Michelle Reese in Panama and Costa Rica. The program will be on this Friday, 22 October 2010, starting at 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Dateline will be a two hour program from 9:00 pm EST until 11:00 pm, and the "Wild Bill" segment will be the second hour of the program, from 10:00 pm EST

Wish I could watch it...

Some of these programs can be viewed via the internet on streaming tv sites. Or even the programs home network site. They are often delayed until the next day, so check that out.

Dana