Who is this?

Hi Laura,

I am curious, too....

What did this link have to do with Costa Rica or the ARCR Forums? It isn't in response to anyone's question or to a previous thread.

You did not post any qualifying message with it. (I have noticed in the past months you have posted links this way with nothing else but the lnk in your post.)

Can you please help me, James, and everyone understand why you posted this link?

Regards,

Paul M.

Forums Moderator

==

Uh,the fellow was admired, did good work, lived in Santa Ana Costa Rica and perhaps Laura is informing this forum of a fellow expat who passed away. I'd like to think, even if none of you know me, that if someone posted a link to my obit. there would be some interest if only because I am a fellow expat retiring and passing on to the great hereafter from my great country of Costa Rica for whom all of us on this forum share a common love. We are connected in that sense aren't we?

maybe yes, maybe no, I'm no mind reader, but I suppose this could be a reason for Laura's link. It would be nice for her to introduce it with a little note...

I received AM Costa Rica online in my email everyday. I posted the link because Donlon Haveneer did great work to help senior citizens. Only posted the article because I he was a man who did good work in Costa Rica. He was the long time Guardian of the Home for Adults. Gringatica2003, you did read my mind. Glad you saw the article, Sandy Feet. What I posted does belong in Open Forum and has something to do with Costa Rica. Donlon Havener lived in Santa Ana.

Edited by Laura K

I received AM Costa Rica online in my email everyday. I posted the link because Donlon Haveneer did great work to help senior citizens. Only posted the article because I he was a man who did good work in Costa Rica. He was the long time Guardian of the Home for Adults. Gringatica2003, you did read my mind. Glad you saw the article, Sandy Feet. What I posted does belong in Open Forum and has something to do with Costa Rica. Donlon Havener lived in Santa Ana.

Thanks for the reply Laura, but in the future a forward explaining the posting would be helpful. I thought that perhaps your post had something to do with death and funeral issues, for instance, an item that might be of interest to newcomers.

DJ

Hi Laura. How are you doing pal ?

Thank you for the link. It is a good way to give a tribute to remarkable people, like Mr. Donlon Haveneer.

There are people who really do valuable actions during their lives, even they are doing a very simple everyday work, specially if you are doing that in the end of your life and taking care of other people.

I always have thought it is sad that people are been relagated to a forgotten place when they get elderly, even we all inside have a lot of experience to give and feel full of life. Other kind of societies do take care of their old people and ask those people for their advice in important matters. We should be pushing ours, in US, Costa Rica, and wherever we are living, to change the behavior about the elders.

Obviously, the most of us, becoming elders, would like to rest, as we deserve, but at the same time some of us would like to assist to the society with our knowledge if we have an opportunity to to it.

Edited by Rodrigo