What do we need. I know we need our passports. But as far as paperwork for our car, do we got to BCR to get copy of title/ownership papers. HOw wil the border crossing be. Will it be ok to take our laptop with us? any info appreciated. Thanks in advance, Good to be back on ARCR. Missed you all.

Laura

I know we need our passports.

Yes you do!

But as far as paperwork for our car, do we got to BCR to get copy of title/ownership papers.

Nope... Go to the registro (I use the one in Plaza Major near the US embassy as lines are shorter). They will provide the docs you need. You must OWN the car free and clear (i.e no financing or liens!) You will need ALL your car documents. title etc and your passport. Residence cedula too if you have it.

HOw wil the border crossing be. Will it be ok to take our laptop with us?

SLOOOOW but there are the usual helper bees around. Get there early in the day.

TG

About that registro thing.... I saw on another forum (Member Sunrisa I think) said you may be able to get all at BCR.

I did my last trip a couple of years ago... so you may want to verify what I wrote above. Things change here. As residency and passports are being handled through BCR, this may be too. If you are an ARCR memebr, call them and verify... and please post here what you did after you did it successfully!. That way, we all learn.

TG

Heres what we did. Since we have to travel over Mountains to San Jose and with rain lately (possible road closure to landslides), we drove to BCR (which has nacional registrar office inside) in Limon. Inside of BCR is a Nacional Regsitar office. We left Guapiles area at 945AM arrived there at office at 1125AM. I was THE ONLY person there. NO line. Amazing!! And was waited on by a English speaking young man. I ordered two copies of title. and one special paper needed to enter Nicaragua (ggod to exit and reenter Nicaragua only). I had to walk outside tot his lady and buy all the stamps for all these documents (9500 colones) and walked back in. I had to give him my passport, my paper from our atty and notary stating that we (Laura amd Tom) are Amazing Grace since car is registered in our Corporation. and he did his signature and i had to sign and he said Thank you and that was it. No other money needed. We were back here at 130 PM in Roxana after stopping for a snack and a dog watering break, we took our Chihuahua ( Tourismo) LOL :) So it was a very good experience.