I bumped into a former neighbor of mine today, a Greek artist, who seemed to be very down in the income column and darn near begged me to help find him work. Well, OK, let me post on his behalf. He has real paintings to sell, and he is darn good, but practically he offers portraits. I believe that he has a varying price scale, never too high, depending upon whether you want a portrait in charcoal or oil or whatever. It makes sense. However, what mostly makes sense is that this is an awfully nice gift for someone, or even for yourself. You can get an artist's portrait for cheap.

The other day, or rather days, I took a picture of a Tica and then had it printed and framed to give to her. She was tickled, since simply having a framed photo of herself was beyond her means. If I had the dough, it would be nice to commission an artist to do a painting. But the cost isn't that much for most people.

Anyway, I have no financial interest in this at all (my oversight) but if you might be interested BC me and I'll send you his phone number. He speaks Spanish and English, and I would assume Greek.