• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
sunnysadie

I NEED A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY

sunnysadie    0

Can anyone recommend a real estate attorney? I have the name of one recommended by the realtor....I would make sure that this attorney was representing only me in any transaction. What else should I know/do? I have read that one should have a second lawyer to check the first...is this true or was it a joke? :blink:

James is exactly right that the attorney should only be representing YOU. If you rely on an attorney who is recommended by a real estate agent, you may rest assured that the attorney has some loyalty to the real estate agent who refers business to him or her. In such a situation, the attorney, like the real estate agent, is more likely to be interested in making the deal happen than in representing your own (reasonable) selfish interests.

Find your own attorney who has no loyalty to either the seller or the real estate agent. And if this is a potentially life-changing transaction for you, then do find a second attorney to check (redo) the work of the first.

Kees&Ellen    0

Can anyone recommend a real estate attorney? I have the name of one recommended by the realtor....I would make sure that this attorney was representing only me in any transaction. What else should I know/do? I have read that one should have a second lawyer to check the first...is this true or was it a joke? :blink:

ARCR has reliable lawyers to handle RE

sunnysadie    0

I will have an attorney who will represent only me....I just need some names of those that someone used and was pleased with. Will the attorney at ARCR who is handling my residency also handle any real estate transaction? I emailed ARCR 2-3 weeks ago regarding an attorney but have not received a reply. Maybe I should just call... :huh:

Barbs45    0

I will have an attorney who will represent only me....I just need some names of those that someone used and was pleased with. Will the attorney at ARCR who is handling my residency also handle any real estate transaction? I emailed ARCR 2-3 weeks ago regarding an attorney but have not received a reply. Maybe I should just call... :huh:

Hi... I used Pablo Arias in Atenas. He was highly recommended by all the "gringos" I spoke with who had had need of an atty. for RE purposes. He is very well versed in English, is non-confrontational, and a very pleasant and knowledgeable person. His office is located in the Cafe Tico Internet Cafe bldg. just off the park and on the same street that goes into the new auto pista, so he's easily accessible from SJ, Escazu, etc. Here is his info:

Pablo Arias Gonzalez, Atty/Notary

Cell: 8835-7490

email: ariaspa77@hotmail.com

Atenas, Alajuela, Costa Rica

Regards, Barb

Kees&Ellen    0

ARCR has a number of Lawyers

I found that if I quote my membership number in the subject space of my email I get very quick results.

We just formed a corporation and it was handled by the same Lawyer as our residency.

We mentioned that we were probably were buying real estate and he said make sure we had a Lawyer and he said he would handle it. We are comfortable with this as we have had very satisfactory results in all our dealings with ARCR.

Hope this helps

Ellen

Lavender    0

Mr Rumalo Pacheco with Canada Place and ARCR is our loyer. We are very thankful for

his expertise, reliability, availability, timly responds, ethics in all matters including

real estate....We will do residency with him soon also.

Art Fern    0

Hi... I used Pablo Arias in Atenas. He was highly recommended by all the "gringos" I spoke with who had had need of an atty. for RE purposes. He is very well versed in English, is non-confrontational, and a very pleasant and knowledgeable person. His office is located in the Cafe Tico Internet Cafe bldg. just off the park and on the same street that goes into the new auto pista, so he's easily accessible from SJ, Escazu, etc. Here is his info:

Pablo Arias Gonzalez, Atty/Notary

Cell: 8835-7490

email: ariaspa77@hotmail.com

Atenas, Alajuela, Costa Rica

Regards, Barb

I second the suggestion of Pablo Arias. He is a gentleman who is very professional. We used him for our home we purchased in Grecia.