Where can I get my pictures developed?

• 5 weeks later...

:) My, how quickly one adapts to new technology. It didn't occur to me that anyone (except perhaps professionals, and fewer of them as time passes) still used film cameras! I haven't seen anything other than a digital camera (except in the hands of my 80 year old father-in-law)for several years!

Jim

Santa Rosa de Poás

:) My, how quickly one adapts to new technology. It didn't occur to me that anyone (except perhaps professionals, and fewer of them as time passes) still used film cameras! I haven't seen anything other than a digital camera (except in the hands of my 80 year old father-in-law)for several years!

Jim,

When digital cameras first came out they did not always render colors so accurately as today's models do.

The photographer at the American Orchid Society Judging Center in Tampa (FL) used Kodak slide film to record the awarded flowers because that ensured the corect color on the orchid blooms for the awards records.

When finally the AOS went to digital he refused to go along and the Center had to find another photographer who would use digital. (The original photographer finally capitulated to digital when it became hard to find Kodak film or to get it readily processed, but the new photographer was already in place, so the former one ony gets asked when the current one cannot make it, sadly a case of 'you snooze-you lose'.)

The problems with digital cameras not capturing the accurate colors of the flowers is now miniscule and it of course that has saved hugely on all the space needed to house the libraries of orchid slides of which there are somthing like 35 regional judging centers in the US, each of which needed a copy of all the awarded orchids. The awards photos are all now on one or two CR-roms per judging center!

Now, like you, I can't remember in the last several years seeing anyone using a film camera.

Time marches on.

¡Pura Película!

Paul M.

==