pgerace

Hacienda Matapalo

I think that you should go to Costa Rica and see for yourself.

Any opinions gathered here would be just...opinions. Certainly no substitute for due diligence.

Hi Mark.

I have been to both properties about a year ago. I've also been doing lots of on-line research. All that's missing is contact with or info from anyone living in the area who may have some additional knowledge that they can share with me. I plan to return very soon.

Edited by pgerace

They have sold alot of property but still no construction. I really hope it happens because there is alot of hard money invested in the project. If I was going to get involved in the project I would only put money in escrow and nothing released until permits where in place and there was proof of funds to complete what you are buying.

They have sold alot of property but still no construction. I really hope it happens because there is alot of hard money invested in the project. If I was going to get involved in the project I would only put money in escrow and nothing released until permits where in place and there was proof of funds to complete what you are buying.

Well spoken! :)

Totally agree that a trip to Costa Rica would be necessary to gauge this thing for yourself. If you are going to put money into a development like this, you will need to see it with your own eyes as a starter and do some intensive "checking" next. Who is building it, what kind of reputation do they have, are the building costs reasonable, etc. So very many people have been burned by projects of this kind.

At the same time, you can take a look at the many many abandoned developments on the coast.